• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

White noise from steering wheel

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Rob9550, did your noise issue correct itself? The reason that I'm bringing this up again is that while I had my boat in my driveway last week, there was no environmental noise or wind blowing. When the power is turned on in the boat (i.e. connext turns on and tachs go through their calibration steps), I noticed that the noise that comes from the tachs as the needles move to preset spots on the start-up calibration is the same noise that I heard when my boat was brand new, that subsequently went away. If you're still having the "white noise" problem, compare the noise to that of the tachs when the power is first turned on. If it's the same sound, then that should narrow things down.
The above observations are without the engines running.

It still did it at the end of the season last year at the start of each boating trip. I have yet to get the boat out this season to see if it is still making the noise. I suspect that it will continue to make the noise until the gear wears down or breaks...

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It still did it at the end of the season last year at the start of each boating trip. I have yet to get the boat out this season to see if it is still making the noise. I suspect that it will continue to make the noise until the gear wears down or breaks...
@Rob9550, when you have a chance to compare the noise, let me know if the tach calibration noise is the same as the "white noise" that you hear when the engines are running.

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Rob9550, when you have a chance to compare the noise, let me know if the tach calibration noise is the same as the "white noise" that you hear when the engines are running.
Will do.