• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

White noise through speakers??

I have this happening in my 4 REV8 tower speakers! GRRRRRR.... it seems to amplify a bit more when I switch my RGB LEDs on....
Where is your ground for the RGB's?

fuse panel.jpg Those are the RGB controllers there. The fuse panel they are connected to run from the house batteries to the fuse panel. I had the radio running off the starter battery and had the hum, so I wired the stereo to the fuse panel as well and the hum was still there. Right now there is always a slight hum when I have the WS-420-SQ hooked up, when I take the 420 out of the equation, and hook the RCA's straight to the stereo, there is no hum noise when the stereo is on zero sound output, but as soon as I turn it to one, there is an audible hum. The hum doesn't get louder as I turn the stereo up from there. Also when I turn the RGBs on when the RCA's are hooked to the stereo, the Hum doesn't get louder like it does when I use the 420.

Considerations I have thought:

While I did run a small jumper ground wire from a ground on the starter battery circuit to the house battery circuit, I am going to try to ground the radio directly to the fuse panel on the house side.

I could have the amp gains up too much on the tower speakers. The speakers never distort at the level they are at now, but I have it turned up about 75 percent of the way.

I ran 14 AWG power and ground around the front of the boat along the same route as I did the RCA's, maybe that is causing some interference?

View attachment 19860 Those are the RGB controllers there. The fuse panel they are connected to run from the house batteries to the fuse panel. I had the radio running off the starter battery and had the hum, so I wired the stereo to the fuse panel as well and the hum was still there. Right now there is always a slight hum when I have the WS-420-SQ hooked up, when I take the 420 out of the equation, and hook the RCA's straight to the stereo, there is no hum noise when the stereo is on zero sound output, but as soon as I turn it to one, there is an audible hum. The hum doesn't get louder as I turn the stereo up from there. Also when I turn the RGBs on when the RCA's are hooked to the stereo, the Hum doesn't get louder like it does when I use the 420.

Considerations I have thought:

While I did run a small jumper ground wire from a ground on the starter battery circuit to the house battery circuit, I am going to try to ground the radio directly to the fuse panel on the house side.

I could have the amp gains up too much on the tower speakers. The speakers never distort at the level they are at now, but I have it turned up about 75 percent of the way.

I ran 14 AWG power and ground around the front of the boat along the same route as I did the RCA's, maybe that is causing some interference?

Funny you mention the 420. I noticed that my towers speakers give some feedback ONLY when I shut the radio switch off for a second after I put the 420 in my system. REALLY loud going thru the HCLD speakers. I am going to wire the 420 to a separate switch to see if that takes care of my problem.

The 420 introduced noise into my system as well. Mine also gets louder when my RGB's are on. Doesn't seem as bad this year with the new amps that I installed, but it's still there......haven't gotten around to troubleshooting it yet

Back