• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Why buy a new boat when you can reupholster

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We have an 06 230 and wanted to change the interior. Here are before and after pictures.

The interior to redo it all was right at 3800. We are super happy with how it turned out, makes it feel and look like a brand new boat.20210211_145023.jpg20210211_145015.jpg20210211_145053.jpg20210305_143526.jpg20210305_143551.jpg20210305_143544.jpg

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
looks good, the green piping does give it a nice little flair,

I wonder if the basket/web pattern on the seats will catch a lot of dirt or look dirty ?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
it is a lot of money but it does make it feel like a new boat, it's a lot of bang for your buck,

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
looks good, the green piping does give it a nice little flair,

I wonder if the basket/web pattern on the seats will catch a lot of dirt or look dirty ?
I'm not sure if it will or not, but I told my wife the new rules and she was like that's a little much.

When she saw it in person she agreed to them.

The green is used in our boat name we have on side of boat and the blue us the color of our hull.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
NICE!!
Cheaper than a significant upgrade in boats and will definitely get the $$ back out of it if deciding to sell.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
NICE!!
Cheaper than a significant upgrade in boats and will definitely get the $$ back out of it if deciding to sell.
Ya we considered selling it last summer when prices were crazy but then we would have been boatless.

We take her all over but mainly spend time on local lake and other lakes nearby so it's worth investing in. Next will be some new speakers/amp and head unit that will link to my garmin.

ourlee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length

ChrisM

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
That's a actually a fair price, it's what I paid for all 3 rows of my Excursion for complete re-coverings, in leather, vinyl, and carpet backing in 2017.

Dave burke

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
This looks fantastic. Congrats. As others have said, not cheap but well worth the investment.

Who did it for you? How did you find them? I have a 1995 Chaparral 1930 SST. Boat still runs great but the interior is looking pretty dated and worn so I’d love to hear the vetting process you went through.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Dave burke Our lake has a local boating page. The question gets asked often, and one large company is often mentioned but they also have had really bad reviews on there as well as from Google.

I went and met a guy at his shop who didn't have great web presence but his Google reviews were good. Him and brother took over the business from their dad and uncle and have been working out of same building for 28 years.

He let me walk into shop see what they were doing and see the project they were currently working on.

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Looks amazing how many hours you got on the boat?

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Wisefam22 looks sharp! I am in progress on a 5 year almost 300 engine hour bow to stern overhaul of my boat. There will be a write up. Suffice to say that the drive shafts back are all in their completely broken down pieces in the garage right now. No major issues but a bunch of minor stuff and doing general PM. Boats that get used will need more care. Boats that don’t get used as often sometimes don’t get the care and have serious problems lurking. Continue to take good care of her and she will treat you well. Also don’t be afraid to enjoy it without worrying too much. When the first blemish happens on the new upholstery you could choose to be upset or you could choose to relate it to the great memories you are making with your loved ones on that day. I have learned over time to see the later.

Hopefully I get a chance to see that nice work around these parts this summer.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Mainah Thanks for the post.

I am hoping to get up that way at some point. Travek baseball will be over end of June then we are taking a family trip with my mom.

I will send you message once we get it in the calander.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That price is super good for that quality vinyl and workmanship - looks primo!

I may do this at some point. Makes a huge difference.

--

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That price is super good for that quality vinyl and workmanship - looks primo!

I may do this at some point. Makes a huge difference.

--
It does make huge difference.

It has gotten me out of of want a different boat bug. The yamaha does great for what we do as a family lake, and trips to gulf, keys, and one day bimini. The interior was old and dated.

Upgrade sound and keep her In good mechanical shape she will last us for long while.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@swatski How is the new boat, and fishing from it?