• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Why buy a new boat when you can reupholster

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It does make huge difference.

It has gotten me out of of want a different boat bug. The yamaha does great for what we do as a family lake, and trips to gulf, keys, and one day bimini. The interior was old and dated.

Upgrade sound and keep her In good mechanical shape she will last us for long while.
My thoughts exactly. We tried to replace our yammie with something but ended up just adding on. These yamahas are so good, past certain age when you figure out the gremlins there is just nothing else that versatile.
We couldn't justify "upgrading" to a newer model, so like you we keep her, will redo the interior at some point.

Right now - I'm waiting for f@cking snow to finally melt herer, so I can work on the boat, pumps need their annual physical etc. Like @Mainah said, upkeep is everything, and best done out of season.

The new boat is still at the dealer waiting for daily temps to rise enough for the bottom to be painted. Also some electronics remaining to install, I'm making it my first (entry level) "canyon boat", lol. I have very high hopes for this upcoming fishing season! Let me know if you ever travel in these parts.

--

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
it is a lot of money but it does make it feel like a new boat, it's a lot of bang for your buck,
Scott, I got quotes in the dfw area when we redid ours about 4-5 years ago. It was $2800-$5,000+. Ours was $3k.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Scott, I got quotes in the dfw area when we redid ours about 4-5 years ago. It was $2800-$5,000+. Ours was $3k.
You guys have it too good down there! lol. You couldn't touch that price around here, it'd be at least twice for the whole boat, and a long wait.

--

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You guys have it too good down there! lol. You couldn't touch that price around here, it'd be at least twice for the whole boat, and a long wait.

--
I hear ya. There are others that have posted lower prices. I doubt there would be a lot of availability the closer we get to summer.

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Up here if you dont take care of your interior, by the time its trash in maybe 10 years, the boat is basically totaled. You will never sell it because a redo on the interior cost more than what the boat is worth. My 242 i got a mid level price of 9k. I prob could have gotten a hack job from some back yard guy for $7k or a really super job for about $12k

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Canadian boats only lasting 10 years? Yikes

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
New jersey lol

I know many people who buy a boat, dont bother covering it, washing or anything. They just run it and within just a few years the interior is complete trash

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
ooops. No offense to Canadian boaters. I thought you were Canadian @mrcleanr6 . So the problem is not so much the boat but the owners care?

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Absolutely. You take care of your boat it will look new for many years. Treat it like $hit and thats what she will look like

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
ooops. No offense to Canadian boaters. I thought you were Canadian @mrcleanr6 . So the problem is not so much the boat but the owners care?
I'm offended that you said no offense!!
:D
JK

We had a 20 year old boat and sold it easily...had many questions about it as many though it was much newer. Like you said, take care of it and it'll last for many years since there's no metal or wood in the hull to rust or rot. I expect this will be the last boat we ever own.

Jerlane

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has anyone ever had vinyl repaired? Our’s has a few nicks in a few places, but the vinyl is in overall good condition. Definitely not anywhere close to needing to be replaced.

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
Has anyone ever had vinyl repaired? Our’s has a few nicks in a few places, but the vinyl is in overall good condition. Definitely not anywhere close to needing to be replaced.
I’ve had a local marina repair my cushions where the stitches tore at the piping. As long as there is excess fabric on the underneath side, they can pop the staples, heat the vinyl, and re-sew. Never had any punctures repaired.