• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Why I haven't been here in a while...

It is great seeing the smiles on the happy faces. Good reason to be disconnected for awhile.

What the hell? What is more important; family time on the boat or talking about doing it?.. OK. You made the better choice.. lol. Awesome pics...

Surprisingly, hardly anyone on Tellico Lake has ever seen a Yamaha boat even though they are made right here. There just aren't many on the lake. So far I've only seen one other Yamaha. Everyone is always staring, complementing and asking about the boat. People are usually really surprised when they find out it's a jet boat. Had to go by Sears tire shop last weekend while hooked to the boat. As one guy was walking into the mall he said "hey, I make those boats!"

Raining all weekend here so I'm back in winter mode today and thought I'd catch up a little on THE website today.

Got yourself a great lookin' family (and boat, too)

Surprisingly, hardly anyone on Tellico Lake has ever seen a Yamaha boat even though they are made right here. There just aren't many on the lake. So far I've only seen one other Yamaha. Everyone is always staring, complementing and asking about the boat. People are usually really surprised when they find out it's a jet boat. Had to go by Sears tire shop last weekend while hooked to the boat. As one guy was walking into the mall he said "hey, I make those boats!"

Raining all weekend here so I'm back in winter mode today and thought I'd catch up a little on THE website today.
SUPER pics ! Great write-up ! Glad you're back !
Take care of the Lucky Lady on this magnificent Mother's Day weekend ! Mikey Lulejian - A little bit South of you, on Lake Oconee, GA

Oh man....I thought you were going to say something like "I had surgery" or something like that. I was ready to wish you good luck on the recovery.

But being out on the boat with the family instead? Pictures too? That's just rubbing it in ;)

All kidding aside, glad you had a chance to enjoy a window of good weather. We're getting ready for school to end so we can get away.

Hell of a good reason Doc!. . . . . Here's mine.20140510_210404.jpg

greg.JPG greg2.JPG

Evidently, I can ski but no luck getting up on the wakeboard. Not sure what I was doing wrong and not sure if the boat driver (wife) was doing anything wrong. Tried to take off as you would skiing but with board sideways (sort of like in this pic, however I never got out of the water and there was so much drag it felt like it would pull my arms off.

Primedoc,

Start up with a wakeboard needs to be a little more gentle than with skis since you have all that surface area under your feet. Start off facing the boat with your knees tucked up to your body and the leading edge of your board angled towards the boat. Have your wife put the boat in forward but with no throttle. This will help you get the feel of the board wanting to track to the surface of the water. Your wife should now apply power steadily but more slowly that with skis. Apply pressure to both feet until you feel the board starting to turn and then shift a little more weight to your back foot. With a tower, you should get the deep water start in no time.

Enjoy!

D

View attachment 5676 View attachment 5677

Evidently, I can ski but no luck getting up on the wakeboard. Not sure what I was doing wrong and not sure if the boat driver (wife) was doing anything wrong. Tried to take off as you would skiing but with board sideways (sort of like in this pic, however I never got out of the water and there was so much drag it felt like it would pull my arms off.

Consider "buolding" your own wakeboard trainer. You can test it on land/carpet if you can find someone to pull you up by hand.

https://jetboaters.net/threads/how-to-make-a-wakeboard-training-aid.1053/#post-14404

@primedoc , beginner skiers and boarders all have a tough time keeping arms straight and legs bent...especially adults! Our tendency is to "pull" ourselves to the boat, which puts our hands at our chest, and gives a shorter amount of control over the board. The same is true with legs. As adults, we are less flexible and tend to lock our knees. If you can center your mass over the board, you can easily pivot up and onto it as the pull from the boat eases you out of the water. If your legs are extended, it is all pressure and your trying to pivot a 200 pound mass over a point with a 6 foot fulcrum. Shorten the fulcrum as much as possible and it reduces the pressure dramatically! So knees in the chest to start is the key. You want to literally come up in a squatted position, and stand once your planing on the water easily. None of this will be as important once you have done is a few times, but the first few times, technique will make or break you. Give it another go...you will get it!

@primedoc I had a difficult time also getting up on a wakeboard, but when I tried wakesurfing, same mechanics to get up, I was up first try on the wakeboard after I learn't.

Also that is a great reason not to be on the board.

Last edited:
Back