• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Will gouges in the inner wear ring cause cavitation?

Guitarjesus

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Had some damage to impeller and wear rings in the past. A friend gave me a wear ring that he got on ebay. Looks almost brand new. The inner wear ring is gouged up. Will this cause cavitation? Or should it be good to go because its not where the seal is for the impeller? Picture 1 is newish wear ring, picture 2 is inner wear ring. 1000011461.jpg1000011458.jpg

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The impeller will make it's own groves into the ring, each impeller is different so you may have issues with the used ring that was not used with your impeller.

Guitarjesus

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I got the impeller repitched for higher elevation and matched to the wear ring so I'm not too worried about that. Just cavitation from the heavy gouging on the inner ring that doesn't contact the impeller.