• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Windshield frame problem

wpm1960

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I bought a used 2016 SX190 2 years ago which had spent time in salt water. It had maybe a dozen bubbles under the paint on the windshield frame between a 1/4 and 1/2 inch in size. Finally decided to fix them and discovered there is a little corrosion under some of them that may need to be filled before painting. What could have caused this and what should I fill with before trying to paint? They are mostly on the outside of the frame but a few are also on the inside.

Attachments

ruztew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
i have the same problem... interested on what people say to do....