• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Windshield off alignment

Eric195

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I wanted to see if anyone else was having a windshield issue. If i hit any kind of bump the walkway door falls down so i have to keep it open at all times. on the trailer and in the water. When it was closed it didn't come close to the factory weather stripping and was glass on glass. I dropped it off at the dealership to have everything adjusted and the dealer took the factory weather stripping off and moved it over so that the glass was at least on a little weather stripping. The problem continues to happen. does anyone know if i can adjust them on my own?

Thanks for any help.

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The only issue I had was warranty replacement of the weather striping. Everything else is fine.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Weather stripping here as well. I fixed it myself with supplies from West Marine. Tell them to use a good adhesive promoter like 3M 4298 Adhesion Promoter. Get some acetone or mineral spirits and clean the surface. Make sure its clean. Then wipe some of this 3M stuff, wait then apply your weather stripping.

Blake

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
My windshield is also out of alignment

Eric195

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Blake, Mine is back at the dealership now. I'll let you know if they come up with a good solution.

Eric195

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
The dealer was able to fix my windshield issue. they had to remove the starboard side and adjust the brackets. Wish I had snapped a before and after picture.