• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Winterize Question

Moose

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The bilge pump doesn't pump from the lowest point in the boat so you're going to have to put a lot of RV fluid in there to get it to kick on,
if you're worried about the pump/hose freezing I would just physically disconnect it,

I would just pull your gabbard/transom plug and maybe the manhole access cover to let some air circulate but personally I wouldn't use anti-freeze and we have a member in Kamloops that doesn't and never had a problem,
There will be water in the water boxes still.

Someone else can help with winterizing in a colder climate than oklahoma. I just burp the throttles while in the trailer to blow some water out.
Hi all. Unfortunately the season is done here and it is time to put the boat away. I tried to do a few searches and didn't come up with the information I was hoping to find. I am guessing it is here somewhere though.

My AR195 is right at 48 hours. My thought was to run RV antifreeze through it, pour some RV fluid into the bottom of the boat and run the bilge, fog the plugs, Stabil in gasline, and seal the boat up and put into storage. When I pull it out in April, I would have dealership do the 50 hour service. Am I missing something here? There shouldn't be water anywhere else correct?

Thanks everyone for the help. Love this site!!!
I drained my first via the transom plugs. I then opened the access ports by the cleanout plug and used a shopvac with a garden hose adapter (duct tape) to suck out the remaining water. I got about 2 gallons. The water was sitting at the base of the bilge pump so I think it is good to get it out. Boat is in southern Wisconsin so it will see some serious cold this winter. Picture included.

Attachments

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I drained my first via the transom plugs. I then opened the access ports by the cleanout plug and used a shopvac with a garden hose adapter (duct tape) to suck out the remaining water. I got about 2 gallons. The water was sitting at the base of the bilge pump so I think it is good to get it out. Boat is in southern Wisconsin so it will see some serious cold this winter. Picture included.
Moose,
2 gallons seems like a lot of water to be floating around in you hull not to escape from the transom drain plug, especially if you trailered it with the transom plug out,

Can you see your transom drain exit if you look through the access holes? I wonder if you don't have some left over factory trash blocking the drain?

Do you have the tongue of the trailer jacked up high to make sure the pitch is tilted towards the rear?

Moose

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Moose,
2 gallons seems like a lot of water to be floating around in you hull not to escape from the transom drain plug, especially if you trailered it with the transom plug out,

Can you see your transom drain exit if you look through the access holes? I wonder if you don't have some left over factory trash blocking the drain?

Do you have the tongue of the trailer jacked up high to make sure the pitch is tilted towards the rear?
Interesting thought. Left side had much more than right. I will look. Also I did vacuum up a bolt on the right side. I'm guessing it was dropped during construction. Yes about trailer. Also have an addition 6 x6 under the jack. Will update if I find something.

Tigger

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi all. Back again and ready to pull my hair out. I cannot find the “y” hoses to save my life. The only thing that even looks like it could be it is hiding behind the rubber cylinder that leads to my cleanout port which would require me to pull off the clean out tube and I’m still not sure I will be able to reach it. I realize I’m not very mechanical but this cannot be this difficult. Extremely frustrated at this point.
Skierdad, sorry this is a month after your question. I have the same boat as you - 2019 AR195. You do not have a y connector. You have an x connector. Most people here are referring to a y where the clean out hose and the cooling hose from the jet nozzle intersect at this y then go to the cooling hose to the engine. This y is inside of their engine compartment so it’s easy to see. Our boats are different because we have a supercharger and a liquid cooled inter cooler. We have the same clean out hose and the cooling hose coming from the jet nozzle that intersect. But they intersect at an x which is behind the bulkhead on the other side of the engine compartment next to the jet pump access port. From that x, one hose goes through the bulkhead on the port side of the boat and cools the engine, the exhaust, the oil cooler, etc. - like everyone else’s boat. From that same x, another hose goes through the starboard side of the bulkhead and cools the intercooler. Then 2 hoses come out the top of the intercooler and exit the starboard side of the boat along with the hose from the top of the oil cooler. Clamping off the hose from the jet nozzle is not a viable option on our boat. It’s too hard to get to. Bumping the throttle is supposed to be sufficient for cleaning out the exhaust water. The engine is supposed to self drain. I also blew some air into all three pilot outlets coming out of starboard side of the hull. The two in front go to the intercooler. The third one back goes to the oil cooler. You will see a small amount of water come out of the jet nozzle screen when you do this. I feel this is one of the most important steps of winterization.

Duane

Moose

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Non
Moose,

Scott-. I did not find anything however I may have removed a clog when I vacuumed out the water. From what I observed I think there was a clog. Thanks! Rod