• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Winterizing and Slipped off Boat

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
be lucky nothing was bent at the wrong angle... that was grass.... down here when i go a$$ over teacup everything is coral.... the only problem with that fall is you likely didn't have 5-6 beers in ya... :winkingthumbsup"

to seal from my flying days and landing you can walk away from is a good one
Classic Midwest, A$$ over teacup

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I never see myself on video, and the more I looked at it the more I am determined to lose some weight this winter before next boating season.....
I say the same thing every time I see myself in pics or video……”who’s the fat dude in his mid fifties?” Nice “eat it” and I’m glad you’re okay. I’d show that video off too! 😁

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I “fall” into this category. Slipped off the bow, landed right on my sack on the trailer beam dinged up my shin pretty bad, then fell backwards into the water at the ramp. Classic rushing to get on the trailer to get out of the ramp.
Since we're all coming clean....I did EXACTLY this on Thursday when I took the boat out for the season. For those of us who only do it once a year, I was happy with a huge lump on one shin, a nasty bruise up high on the other thigh, and no damage to the boat. In a hurry for no reason, and sliding off the bow onto a slippery as F trailer, and in NY we call it ass over teakettle. I know mine looked much worse than it was, because my daughter asked if I was ok first, then started to laugh.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Since you shared a Ring video, I thought I would share one back. I had a felon parolee try to break into my home a few weeks ago. The Ring woke us up. I have 2 hours of security video of this guy trying to find a way in without setting the alarm off. He got arrested at gun point in my yard.
I never see myself on video, and the more I looked at it the more I am determined to lose some weight this winter before next boating season.....
Don't lose too much weight, it cushions the falls.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Since you shared a Ring video, I thought I would share one back. I had a felon parolee try to break into my home a few weeks ago. The Ring woke us up. I have 2 hours of security video of this guy trying to find a way in without setting the alarm off. He got arrested at gun point in my yard.

Don't lose too much weight, it cushions the falls.
I don't know what happened to the video?

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
At least The fence looks great!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

steveinmd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I bit it in August while unloading/cleaning. Went to step off the swim deck onto the step stool and the pos shifted. Nothing to grab a hold of to stop my momentum so I instinctively bailed. Like a cat, managed to twist to get a landing on all fours. Still had my dock pole in hand. Took a nice chunk out of my right hand, as I skidded on the black top. Fun times.

Last edited:

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Done shit like that myself... thank goodness you weren't hurt!

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
At least The fence looks great!
I was gonna say the same thing! :winkingthumbsup"

Glad your okay, as that could have been a nasty fall.

Jim

eastcoaster

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Glad you are ok. No laughing matter. I slipped on a friends much larger boat which was stored in a shed with not much light. Stepped on some hydraulic fluid on the deck and fell 7 ft landing on a dirt floor. Broke my femur. Surgery and a titanium plate and several screws followed. Its a little over two years later and it took most of that time for me to get get back to doing everything I could before.