• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Winterizing if Storing in Garage?

Captain_Ron

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey guys. I am now storing the boat here in Buffalo and have it in my heated garage. Will never freeze. The boat has only 14 hours on it. Is there anything special i need to do to "winterize" her until April of next year? Do i need to change the oil with such low hours? Everything is dry and clean. Should I start it up every once in a while to move the engine oil around?

Thanks guys for any insight.

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey guys. I am now storing the boat here in Buffalo and have it in my heated garage. Will never freeze. The boat has only 14 hours on it. Is there anything special i need to do to "winterize" her until April of next year? Do i need to change the oil with such low hours? Everything is dry and clean. Should I start it up every once in a while to move the engine oil around?

Thanks guys for any insight.
Change the oil and fill the gas tank. If your boat requires antifreeze to winterize then you should go ahead and run it through. Winter storms can knock out power for days. It is a good idea to charge the battery at least periodically too.

Boat~R~US

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Hey, Just winterized my jet boat. If BRP Rotex engines: Change oil, Filter, Fill the tank full of fuel add dry gas (storage) brand additive, flush the engine with fogging oil, remove spark plugs hit each cylinder with fogging oil, flush your exhaust with anti-freeze, place battery on trickle charger for the season. Bonus: clean and wax it top to bottom, silicon spray your engine compartment (recommend yamaha products), lift your cushions and coffin space to provide ventilation, use some 303 spray to clean and protect cushions. Yeah I might over did it but I'm selling my boat and want the buyer have no worries next season.

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length

hapyfishrmn

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm storing ours in a non-heated storage shed with a bunch of other boats.

So I'm assuming birds could possibly get into the shed. Because it has been suggested to me to cover the boat cover with a tarp in case birds don't ruin the cover.

Do you leave your tower up or store it down?

Captain_Ron

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm storing ours in a non-heated storage shed with a bunch of other boats.

So I'm assuming birds could possibly get into the shed. Because it has been suggested to me to cover the boat cover with a tarp in case birds don't ruin the cover.

Do you leave your tower up or store it down?
I store it outside now with the tower down and shrink wrapped. Needed the space.