• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wiring diagram for sound system upgrades

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
As winter is around the corner I decided to take up a project to upgrade my stereo , install leds , amplifiers , subwoofer etc. This is more of a DIY project to keep myself busy through the miserable months. I am certain that there are others out there who is also in the same boat with the same idea in mind, but clueless on how to proceed. Do any of you have a wiring diagram with recommendations that you can share? What you have done for your boat etc? I tried searching on the internet and was not able to find any information. I would appreciate it.

Best
Amar Nanduri

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
First I would decide exactly what all you want to upgrade with the stereo system. Simple speaker replacement and amp install should be fairly easy and many of us would be willing to walk you through that process. If you want a subwoofer it gets a little more complicated but really still not that tough with the proper tools and planing. Led lights if you use the strips won't be to difficult either I found the biggest pain being all the soldering. Running the wires wasn't that bad. All fun project that give great results though.

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Wow. The amount of help / knowledge in this forum is simply mind blowing. Too many people eager to lend a hand to newbies like me. Thank you so much guys. Briefly this is what I have in mind..

1. 4 Kicker KM654LCW LED speakers to replace the stock speakers on my 2010 AR240. I have already replaced the speakers but did not connect the LED wiring as I have no clue on what wire to buy to connect (or) where to connect it to. For example how will the wire from the back speakers be routed all the way to the HU to be hooked up to a switch?

2. I need to replace the stock HU radio as it is 6 years old. I am thinking of Sony MEXM100BT 160W RMS Marine CD Receiver with Bluetooth for the simple reason it comes with an inbuilt amp and I do not need to muck around with installing a separate amp. If I have some idea on how to do this, then I can get separate radio and amp and not go for a compromising solution.

3. Install a subwoofer. Again doing research on whether to go with a powered sub with its own inbuilt amp (or) separate sub and amp. If separate sub, what will be the ideal position to install in the boat?

4. Planning to add 2 Kicker Marine KMTED enclosures ( the twins ) with Kicker LED speakers for a total of 4 speakers on the tower. This is driven by budget reasons and the fact I do not need ear-blasting sound.

5. Simple LED lights strategically placed inside the boat, instead of LED strips.

6. Underwater LED lights ( optional ). Do I need to cut into the Hull to install these lights (or) get them installed?

I currently have a dual battery in my boat. Will that be sufficient to run the sound system with the LEDs ?

@Pauly B . Very impressed with your build thread. I would love to talk to you sometime about your mods and if you might be able to help me to realize my mods in a separate pm. My boat is parked in Woodbridge and I am a frequent visitor there.

Below is a picture of my toy.

upload_2016-11-3_0-46-39.png