• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wiring harness connector issue at fuel pump

pjfleischman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2012 AR240: I had an issue the other night while out on the lake, boat ran great and after we stopped the starboard side engine just did not want to start, like it wasn't getting fuel. Fast forward to tracking down the culprit: the blue wire coming out of the connector at the top of the fuel pump is frayed. Insulation cracked, wire frayed. Verified by carefully moving wire back and forth during running.

My question is, does anyone know how to purchase just these connectors?

Secondary question: The port side blue wire seems to have the same problem starting. How does this happen? My only thought is that the fuel tank floor hatch must push on them when walked on? I have no clue if it does but what else would cause wear & tear? The floor & hatch are both strong, no soft spots.

Thanks all!Harness Connector.png

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow, never heard that one before. Good work tracking that one down though. I’d imagine that you could pull the pin out of that plug, shorten the wire, replace only the pin And reinsert it back into the plug. A good electronic shop should be able to identify the style of pin if you brought in pics of the plugs as well as pics of the pin if you can manage to separate it.