• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wiring to Accessory Switch

Steve Daggett

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I want to add underwater lights and add the wire to the unused accessory switch. I looked behind the helm and I don't see where the switches are wired so that I can easily identify the accessory switch. Any help would be appreciated?

Todd Kyle

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have a similar situation. I want to wire an underwater light and would like to use the existing Courtesy Light Switch or an unused accesory switch. I was thinking it would be simple to tap into the existing Courtesy Light Swith Wires with a T Tap Connectors (T Tap Connectors on Amazon) - is this a safe and simple approach?

bobholthaus

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I believe the Acc wire on a 2020 has a Deutsch connector on it. Anyone know where to get the mate for it?

Steve Daggett

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
On the 242¿ the a wire close to the door labeled acc. On the 252 you have get into the closer all the way to the gunwhale a with a flashlight you will see the 2 acc wires hanging
Thank you I found it and ordered a Deutsch connector for it

bobholthaus

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Will you please share a link? I’m not close to my boat so figuring out which one I need is cumbersome. Thanks in advance!

Steve Daggett

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It's a 2-pin connector. I don't have a link because the link I used is from an unresponsive seller on Amazon. I still haven't received the product or tracking details.

Attachments

bobholthaus

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
It's a 2-pin connector. I don't have a link because the link I used is from an unresponsive seller on Amazon. I still haven't received the product or tracking details.
So it doesn’t come with a pigtail of wire attached? Do I need a special tool to add wiring? And do we need the male or female connector? I really appreciate this. Hopefully your purchase comes through. Ugh.

Steve Daggett

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Last edited:

3abadi

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
On the 242¿ the a wire close to the door labeled acc. On the 252 you have get into the closer all the way to the gunwhale a with a flashlight you will see the 2 acc wires hanging
I found these cables, they are labeled differently! Any ideas where are the Acc wires located?

Attachments

Last edited:

Alexegan88

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I found these cables, they are labeled differently! Any ideas where are the Acc wires located?
5BA770E9-AAAA-4D97-A8E6-7E3E461A863E.jpeg
On 252SE “Should” be these two all the way up against the gunnel (not directly behind the helm)

EmeryZ28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has anyone wired to these two connectors shown in the picture above?

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I would check those for power or switched power. If they don't have power, see if you can see what switches them on. Maybe they are switched acc power. Check you service manual wiring diagrams if you have one.

Alexegan88

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I have, I just wired at the VHF radio to one and it works perfectly. The red cable just needs a male bullet plug to go into one of those and then I actually connected the black negative wire to the negative wire on the amplifier because it was the easiest to hook up to and has The thickest gauge going back to the negative on the battery. Seems to work perfect, I press the ACC button and the radio comes on I press it again it turns off.

22E6B9C4-9AE5-49C5-95CB-683758368687.jpeg

EmeryZ28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was just under there, appears to be just those two red plugs. So I assume one for each ACC but no way to tell which is which, no big deal I suppose. My light has an orange wire as well, but it appears you can just splice it into the red.

its about 95 here today in tampa bay and that little compartment was blazing lol

Alexegan88

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I was just under there, appears to be just those two red plugs. So I assume one for each ACC but no way to tell which is which, no big deal I suppose. My light has an orange wire as well, but it appears you can just splice it into the red.

its about 95 here today in tampa bay and that little compartment was blazing lol
Ya it gets hot, thankfully my boat is parked under cover. Upload pics of the wiring and everything when you get it installed and drink water, lol!

3abadi

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
I have, I just wired at the VHF radio to one and it works perfectly. The red cable just needs a male bullet plug to go into one of those and then I actually connected the black negative wire to the negative wire on the amplifier because it was the easiest to hook up to and has The thickest gauge going back to the negative on the battery. Seems to work perfect, I press the ACC button and the radio comes on I press it again it turns off.

View attachment 182580
I elected to bring positive and negative wires/cables from the battery through the disconnect switch to the helm with a distribution block. I added both the VHF and the AIS devices.

Attachments