• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wonder how a 24 Yamaha would handle this, very entertaining

While I love those midnight express boats tying up 1/2 a mill + in a boat, not a House would make me sick when I didnt use it for 6 months. Tying up $60k for a used 242....Not so much. In fact (ducking from fan boys) our Yamaha boats almost seem like disposable boats compared to many in those videos. And Babin, your 232 was a far better built boat/hull overall and I think more capable of dealing with those waves

Saw a video on that channel last night from 2 days go- a Midnight Express had 6 outboards. 6 o_O

Black Diamond Racing out of Destin has one of these bad boys. 59ft Cigarette Tirranna. I drool every time I see it. 6x450s, 1000 gallon fuel tank, hefty price tag of $4 million. A man can dream. Maybe in another life haha.

They also have have a 52ft MTI with twins pushing 1400hp each, it’s awesome to see it fly on by.

8E40CB45-DBB3-45BF-B460-0FB99B8D90F7.jpeg

While I love those midnight express boats tying up 1/2 a mill + in a boat, not a House would make me sick when I didnt use it for 6 months. Tying up $60k for a used 242....Not so much. In fact (ducking from fan boys) our Yamaha boats almost seem like disposable boats compared to many in those videos. And Babin, your 232 was a far better built boat/hull overall and I think more capable of dealing with those waves
It's all about scale......in this case scale of pocket book. I just financed my MOST expensive purchase that isn't real estate. Q7 was a $45k note. Some of you guys here are paying cash for boats at that level. I can't imagine owning a $60k boat in general. So far I've bought a $9k boat, and thought I was somewhat losing my mind when I bought a $30k boat. Guys down the street plunked down $125k for a wake boat and didn't think twice about it. Find a finance/doctor/lawyer/entrepreneur that has done really well, and I bet you find the guys that are letting $500k boats sit around for 6mo and beating the crap out of them when they do use them. It's a small part of the $mil they are spending to keep the house it's docked at and the private jet to fly there and back.......They're just on a different scale.

It's all about scale......in this case scale of pocket book. I just financed my MOST expensive purchase that isn't real estate. Q7 was a $45k note. Some of you guys here are paying cash for boats at that level. I can't imagine owning a $60k boat in general. So far I've bought a $9k boat, and thought I was somewhat losing my mind when I bought a $30k boat. Guys down the street plunked down $125k for a wake boat and didn't think twice about it. Find a finance/doctor/lawyer/entrepreneur that has done really well, and I bet you find the guys that are letting $500k boats sit around for 6mo and beating the crap out of them when they do use them. It's a small part of the $mil they are spending to keep the house it's docked at and the private jet to fly there and back.......They're just on a different scale.
I have found the richer the person is the less they care about stuff. Now obviously this isn't universal to everyone and everything. Been looking at used wakeboats and many of them were over 100k new and they're just filthy, barely taken care of, 2 year old boats will have torn seats, ripped off mats, etc. They're ridden hard, put away wet, and then they just dump the old one for whatever they can get and pick up a new one.

Back