• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Would someone be willing to look at their OEM Mirror from PTM and let me know what part or screw I’m missing on mine? I included a pic of missing item

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Guys my PTM Mirror I just went to install and the last owner said it didn’t mount correctly. Looks like it’s missing a bolt or hex screw or knob. But not sure which one or what to order. The swivel arm only stays In the down position so I’m missing the piece that would make it stay up. It’s a 2 sided hole and looks like one side which I have the part is a solid piece of metal in there and the other side I’m guessing would be a knob like one of the silver twisting ones but I don’t see threads In the hole. Confused and need help. Also
Please send a pic if you can of yours. Thanks!

Attachments

• 4640FD3E-6DB4-4474-84EA-08E1D19E89C7.jpeg
    4640FD3E-6DB4-4474-84EA-08E1D19E89C7.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
  • F4A64AAB-E0B3-4ED7-941F-F02EEDFA12BC.jpeg
    F4A64AAB-E0B3-4ED7-941F-F02EEDFA12BC.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
  • B2212413-DEA7-48D7-82AE-403B4A0EFFD2.jpeg
    B2212413-DEA7-48D7-82AE-403B4A0EFFD2.jpeg
    952 KB · Views: 14
Looks like the thumb screw is missing.

When you raise it or lower it, the thumb screw adjusts the tension. When you raise it, you have to push the stem down to lock on place first. I have the PTM Edge 100 which is similar

Email them directly also. They are awesome to work with. I had similar issues with a mirror and they really took care of me

Guys my PTM Mirror I just went to install and the last owner said it didn’t mount correctly. Looks like it’s missing a bolt or hex screw or knob. But not sure which one or what to order. The swivel arm only stays In the down position so I’m missing the piece that would make it stay up. It’s a 2 sided hole and looks like one side which I have the part is a solid piece of metal in there and the other side I’m guessing would be a knob like one of the silver twisting ones but I don’t see threads In the hole. Confused and need help. Also
Please send a pic if you can of yours. Thanks!
I dont think you are missing a screw, that looks like thier old style zxr-200 mount (2 thumb screws on the back). try loosening the bottom thumb screw you have, flip mirror up and retighten it. Here is a good picture of the mount i believe you have, from another thread.

I had the same mount and sadly its a poor design (weak internal metal) and it wears out over time and needs hand tighten at first, then hand tighten plus and so on, until its stripped and mirror flops down. I just replaced mine with a new zxr-300 mount. So much better design over the original. PTM was great to work with to get the proper mount. PLUS they have a promotion going on if you use code UPGRADE20! and send them back your old mount (if it is stripped and you need a new one) you get 50% of your cost reimbursed!! (still expensive IMO but high quality)

Awesome I called they offered me the same 50% but honestly they will repair it for free for life not sure it’s worth dropping $100 or more if they can get old mount back to new.

I do like idea of going black mirror black mount but that would be over $200 for mirror and over $100 mount even with 50% off mount. Black would look killer on my boat but don’t think that combo is worth $300 when they will repair mine free and it’s in like new shape. Not sure how much I will use it also. I really like to watch the tubers with my body half turned on the seat

Last edited:
I do like idea of going black mirror black mount but that would be over $200 for mirror and over $100 mount even with 50% off mount. Black would look killer on my boat but don’t think that combo is worth $300 when they will repair mine free and it’s in like new shape. Not sure how much I will use it also. I really like to watch the tubers with my body half turned on the seat
My PTM Edge 100 was less than $200....perfect size

Back