• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Would you? 04 SX230

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
LOL. I figured that's what you meant mark_m. Either that or you were as sarcastic as I like to be sometimes! Tis beautiful, and priced too dam good to even consider a lower offer. It's more than I can do cash money though. Not gonna rule it out, but not going to consider something like that until mine is sold. Sure is tempting though...there's another AR210 listed on here that is equally tempting. Is it boat season yet?
You never know.. Make him an offer. Even if you finance 4 or 5 k it is going to be two generations newer than the '04.... And most likely turnkey boat. You can turn your attention to modding instead of recovering seats.

you will find ways to scratch the diy itch, trailer lights, winch/ jack maintainence... Etc. I like to tinker too and plan to replacing tires on the trailer in the spring and add another battery. You'll like the higher freeboard on the newer hull and the HO motors rock. Buy the boat in LA you won't regret it. I LOVE my '07 sx230 and can't wait till spring

Woodr35

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The dirt and grime on the white hose leading to the scupper is a red flag for me. How the eff did all that get there - was it stored with the engine cover open? Run without the air filter covers with oil overfilled? Or submerged?

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The dirt and grime on the white hose leading to the scupper is a red flag for me. How the eff did all that get there - was it stored with the engine cover open? Run without the air filter covers with oil overfilled? Or submerged?
I'm not saying this boat doesn't have problems, but that hose on my boat is moldy/dirty looking for some reason. The rest is very clean, but for some reason that hose was like that when I bought it.

Woodr35

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Wayloncle - strange, not sure what would do that. Mine looks brand new. I guess there are benign factors though that might dirty up the hose for some reason. Good to know.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Wayloncle - strange, not sure what would do that. Mine looks brand new. I guess there are benign factors though that might dirty up the hose for some reason. Good to know.
I think my engine compartment got moldy at one time and the hose just never cleaned up all the way.
That's my theory anyway:)

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I think I'm pretty well talked out of it by now, but I did get this from the seller (broker):

I will guarantee that the motors do run. You can start them when you pick the boat up. Bring a jump box, as the batteries may be dead. If they do not run, you get a full refund. No refunds after boat has been removed. The owner took good care of this and made sure the motors ran well.
Thanks!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That's promising but I would exchange the money in person. Put a deposit down via PayPal which you can get back if its a scam. Get his name and phone number and address. Stalk him on the net and make sure he is legit.

Protect yourself that's all.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Good lookin out, but dude definitely seems legit. I've done all that research already. Biggest thing turning me away really at this point, is the lower power output and the gp/h numbers. I don't think I can make that one in LA work yet, but damn if it ain't priced right and I might be able to make a move on it in another month or so.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@veedubtek have you asked the guy in LA about trading your SeaDoo plus cash? His Yamaha is way under market value. So even if you took less than market for your SeaDoo it would still be a good deal.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Not yet, but I've got a seemingly semi-serious buyer lined up right now. Not for the price I want, but for a price I can live with knowing the equally good discount I'll get buying a boat this time of year.

($11,500 if anyone else wants to steal it from me :winkingthumbsup")

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I would not trade $8K for that boat, based on what the pictures show. It looks like it sat half full of water for a long time. The owner didn't take care of it, whatever the broker says. Just the floor in the first pic makes me think of standing, moldy water and I can only image what condition the innards of this boat would be in - think wiring, wood, switches...pretty much everything that can drive you nuts and cost a lot to make right. The engines look like they've been submerged, so while they may start, I wouldn't count on them lasting very long before real problems start to surface. On top of that, you can't see the boat in person before you pay the money? Heck no.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I was out of it anyway, but dam it's hard to believe that joker went for $11,100.

Blazin14

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I strongly urge not to buy anything like that......lol (well said OrangeTJ)

The ebay seller is just flipping it, kind a like he bought it from an insurance deal.