• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

WS 420BT Equalizer

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Mike is a great guy. Mike is also a Wetsounds dealer in his territory. However, Mike is not authorized as an "on-line" Wetsounds dealer and is not authorized per his dealer agreement to ship Wetsounds product. Mike will be the first one to tell you the same. But if you live near Mike, or need installation, I also recommend him.
Thanks @David Analog, I'm not sure how those things work and don't mean to step on any toes. I give Mike a shout out because I was left high and dry by a re-seller friend of a friend when I bought my 420. Mike gave me help without any hassle or grief to get mine hooked up when the boat dealer told me it couldn't be done without noise issues.

David Analog

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
Thanks @David Analog, I'm not sure how those things work and don't mean to step on any toes. I give Mike a shout out because I was left high and dry by a re-seller friend of a friend when I bought my 420. Mike gave me help without any hassle or grief to get mine hooked up when the boat dealer told me it couldn't be done without noise issues.
No problem at all. I'm not in the audio business, after retiring 3 years ago, so it isn't my toes that I'm concerned about. However, it does have to do with consumer protection and with Wetsounds' plan for distribution in order to maintain the product integrity and reputation, the same with many other brands like JL Audio for example. Wetsounds provides on their site a specific list of authorized on-line dealers that are permitted to ship product. And like you mentioned, this can impact warranty and support.

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Well I'm not going to go with it :( My dealer has the boat tuned so perfect it sounds great. He said to rip up wires and reconfigure it all probably isn't worth it at this point. Wishes we started the project by adding this piece in the beginning.

Dave burke

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Totally agree - whoever manages the tunes should have this within reach. One of the very big benefits is ability to quickly & accurately tweak as the listening environment changes.

Photo of my install:

View attachment 34993

Original posting:
https://jetboaters.net/threads/the-official-what-did-you-do-to-your-jet-boat-today-thread.2661/page-20 (my posting was June 7, 2015, may have to scroll down for it)
Hey @GTBRMC, love your install and am trying to find something like you used to cover the hole you cut in the fiberglass. Can’t seem to find any though, in part because I don’t know what to call it. Do you remember where you bought it? Thx

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey @GTBRMC, love your install and am trying to find something like you used to cover the hole you cut in the fiberglass. Can’t seem to find any though, in part because I don’t know what to call it. Do you remember where you bought it? Thx
I used one of these: Wetsounds (<-- link to product page). I believe mine was the prototype - it was exactly what I wanted and allowed me to finish off the install cleanly. Spendy, but worth it for me.

Make sure to spec out the proper version for your model (With or without BT, silver vs black, etc.)

I bought that mount and my WS-420BT plus my JL amp, subwoofer, various hardware, etc from Odin Mattes at Earmark (authorized Internet dealer for both Wet Sounds and JL Audio - no grey market sketchiness plus competitive pricing and expert install & setup advice). You can reach out to him directly at odin@earmarkcaraudio.com He will hook you up! Tell him I sent you over from jetboaters.net

Good luck and have fun with your install!

Dave burke

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Many thanks for the quick response. I’ll definitely use Odin in the future as I’ve heard lots of good things about him.

At this point though, I have most of what I need including the WS420SQ and the billet thx to your post). I’ve mounted everything and drilled the hole underneath the dash. I’m just looking for a hole flange to protect the wired and cover up the loose fibreglass.

What you used (the round black thing with the screws) looks peffect. Did you get this from Odin as well?

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Many thanks for the quick response. I’ll definitely use Odin in the future as I’ve heard lots of good things about him.

At this point though, I have most of what I need including the WS420SQ and the billet thx to your post). I’ve mounted everything and drilled the hole underneath the dash. I’m just looking for a hole flange to protect the wired and cover up the loose fibreglass.

What you used (the round black thing with the screws) looks peffect. Did you get this from Odin as well?
Ah, I misunderstood. I will have to search for that, but i believe I bought it online, so I should have record of that. Will edit this post if/when I find it.

EDIT: Found it, bought on Amazon - Rig Rite 3003.2932 615 Rigging Grommet-2"
Screenshot_20191006-112830.png

Last edited:

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Dave burke

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Will do. I’ve posted a few pics but will do a better job when done.