• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@mark_m how far away from you is the Ohio River. Just curious. I have family that live in Columbus and boat regularly. Ive always wanted to make the trip and bring the boat.
@skbishop90 not that far, due south on route 23 to Portsmouth, OH. I store the boat there at my in laws farm. It's kind of fun being a river rat, you can just drive, which is pretty cool. Watch out for the occasional barge and you'll be fine. One day I'd like to take boat to cinti and try that part of the river by the Reds stadium during a game.

Edit: ~2.5 hour drive with boat

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@skbishop90 not that far, due south on route 23 to Portsmouth, OH. I store the boat there at my in laws farm. It's kind of fun being a river rat, you can just drive, which is pretty cool. Watch out for the occasional barge and you'll be fine. One day I'd like to take boat to cinti and try that part of the river by the Reds stadium during a game.

Edit: ~2.5 hour drive with boat
@skbishop90 come on up from Bama! Easy drove up 65. Cinti is around 1.5 hrs from Columbus I think. I've not made that trip with the boat (yet)

Kevin1741

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
image.jpg I put in a second bilge pump. Made a stainless bracket to mount the pump and switch and used the bolts that hold the grate on to mount the bracket. Still have to wire it. Thats another day.

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Pulled off all of those silly "don't fall out of the boat" stickers. Mounted two fire extinguishers. And "for" my boat (but not "to my boat"), signed a contract for a slip on Minnetonka! It is covered and three sided for easy of installing the mooring. It is located on a quiet channel behind a private residence and not too far from a launch. I have electricity dockside so the plan is to keep my bilge pump on and my battery tender connected.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got all my storage completed, added tower speakers and put on the extra turf mats so no one slips getting in and out of the boat.

image.jpg
image.jpg

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
FML.

20150519_200546.jpg

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yeah, that little black thing there is my wifes heat gun. I'm bringing home a good one this evening. Her's didn't seem to help much.

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Yeah, that little black thing there is my wifes heat gun. I'm bringing home a good one this evening. Her's didn't seem to help much.
I also saw where a few guys have used steam and JBP said they are selling a steam device to use for removal. I have one I bought for less than $20 that I used for some stubborn wallpaper a few years ago. I am not sure if that is AFTER the main decking material has been removed or what

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@veedubtek go ahead and get those warning stickers of as well. Looking forward to the after pics.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am developing a theory that the OEM hydro turf mats are far more prone to serious sticking issues in Southern states where they get baked-on in more direct sunlight, at higher temps, for longer boating seasons.

Mine has always been covered, and my boat has had moderate use levels, but it was built in summer 2007 and I removed my OEM mats last week. It took a bit of work, but using only my fingers, I got them all up in approx. 40 mins total work. There is some residue, and one or two of the mats had minor tears, but all essentially came up in a single piece.

Note, there is some residue left on the deck area, I have not yet done any Goo Gone work on it. Most of what you see are my footprints from the dirty floor, but there are a few spots where a small bit of the back of the OEM mat stuck. But, it looks much easier to deal with than many others'.
IMG_6955.JPG
IMG_6958.JPG
IMG_6957.JPG

Last edited:

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Not today but last weekend....
  1. Charged up battery ............
Cannot wait to put in 2nd battery, ACR, Switch, bus bars and whole-boat seadeck next. The mod sickness has infected me...
@mark_m ........... Nice mods. I just wanted to TRY and help ya out a bit and let you know, that after extensive research, we here @ jetboaters.net have concluded, after consulting with some of the best medical minds available in the world, that there is NO CURE (ie, "MOD SICKNESS").

Sorry to be the bearer of this bad new to you.
Hey ! Happy Memorial Day upcoming to you ! Miokey Lulejian- Lake Oconee, GA

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Went for a nice little nearshore jaunt out of ponce inlet. If you look really close, you can see buildings on shore.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I guess everyone has been just enjoying their boats and not working on them lately?

Myself, I skipped a lake day today in the name of progress!

Installed a shelf in the head compartment. Installed new tag on trailer. Wired VHF to GPS. Installed VHF antenna. Installed new bimini top. Almost installed fender locks, but decided to wait and mark locations while I'm on the water tomorrow. Rewired my wetsounds bluetooth thingy to a switched power source. Thoroughly cleaned inside and out. Got alot of work done to the Thing. Drank many cold beverages. Good day, and will get some well deserved R&R at the lake tomorrow.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Last weekend I installed an additional 12v outlet on the passenger side for guests to plug their phones into, replaced the fuel sender, did some general cleaning, cruised the lake and added some air to the aux floats in the airdock. Tomorrow we are heading out on the boat with friends....tubing, swimming and relaxing....

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not powered up yet, but making steady progress on sound system upgrade:

image.jpg

Apologies for the crappy photo, was working under the mooring cover during a passing downpour.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@GTBRMC - NICE wiring job !
Hoping it sounds twice as good as you expect.
Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Is it a twin engine? Is it high output? I don't know! Do you know?! The world may never know!!

I think the graphics are coming off next.

20150607_194650.jpg

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sub is now completely installed (well, other than the nameplate.) Wiring pulled, terminated, connected at sub end, sub mounted. Happy to have that done - was a bigger PIA than anticipated.

Son is doing the hand modeling:

image.jpg