• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Today I did an oil change. And ran the engines with new Acoustiblok sound insulation.
View attachment 21721
I might come look for you at Daroga on Memorial day and take a closer look at your sound proofing. At this late date there isn't a campsite on a body of water in all of NCW for that weekend!

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh! A down rigger! Yes!

Er, ... what does it do?

Sorry for the dumb question. But it does look impressive. Second only to @Sotally Tober 's setup.
It doesn't have nearly the same effect on "wild life" that @Sotally Tober 's more, uh, um vertical pole has. A down rigger has quite the opposite effect in that it gets your ball (lead ball) and fishing gear down in the water. It is for fishing, you clip your line to a large weight that drops into the depths and when a fish takes your offering the clip frees your line from the large weight allowing you to bring the fish to the surface. That way neither you nor the fish have to fight the weight. It is used for trolling deeper waters for salmon, trout etc.

Nice setup!
I can't take credit for design, there is a user on another Yamaha Jet Boat site that should get credit.

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I said goodbye to my trusted SX190 today:(, my first Yamaha jet boat and my introduction to them.
I enjoyed the boat in everyway and it secured my trepidation in owning a Jetboat. As most people quote "buy your second boat first" I agree, but sometimes finances and gut feeling get in the way.
Wow, when I first decided to buy a boat in Florida I was looking at sub 8k boats then 05 230's around 15k, now two years on I've just gone and pulled the trigger on a new 240!!!!:eek:.

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes Scott, unfortunately not being here all the time I couldn't sell private, I do have a good friend who works for Gulf Marine but he sells mostly CC. I did take a hit but I've accepted it now, then the collection guy said they can't get enough pre-owned 190's, they go straight out :mad:.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You gotta do what you gotta do, been there many times. Glad you were able to get it done in time. Now you just have to wait 6 months! Yikes...that's the hard part!

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
6 months is nothing, I'll just lurk around here enjoying everybody else's Jet boating and enjoyment :(:arghh:;).

jfkraus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I might come look for you at Daroga on Memorial day and take a closer look at your sound proofing. At this late date there isn't a campsite on a body of water in all of NCW for that weekend!
We'll be in the RV section.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Spent all day on the water. Got home and removed my carpet for the last time. Removed all snaps and filled holes with some 5200. Seadek should be going in over various evenings this week!

PolarXJ

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Spent all day Friday on the Columbia River getting a very nice sun burn.

And added my charger a couple weeks back. I have not secured my wires yet, so just don't pay attention to that part.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I spent yesterday evening playing with ballast positions in the boat. This was running in a straight line.

Tried posting a video to Youtube of the wake:

Last edited:

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I *almost* finished up my trailer suspension replacment. Four all new springs, stainless u-bolts and lock nuts, galvanized shackles and shackle bolts. While I had it apart I wire brushed any suspension areas where the galvanizing started to give up to get rid of the little bit of rust and sprayed everything with Rustoleum Cold Galvanzing Compound. I got the whole way around the trailer and was working on the right rear spring when I found that two bushings in the equalizer were shot! All the other ones were fine! Work on hold because of a couple $1.50 pieces of nylon. We're going to try to source some locally today.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Are those the Yamaha swivel rack mounts you have installed or a different brand? Happy with them?
Yes these are the Yamaha swivel racks. They were on the boat when I bought the boat. I am very pleased with the Yamaha racks. The internal pieces were out but since I have access to CNC mills they are easy to remake.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I spent yesterday evening playing with ballast positions in the boat. This was running in a straight line.

Tried posting a video to Youtube of the wake:

How fast?

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How fast?
I forgot to take my GPS with me so I can't be 100% sure, but the on board speedo was bouncing around 11 mph. I didn't have the full benefit of the side fat sac as I had put it under the SB seat and in that position I can't fill it completely full. I think it makes more sense to put it on the seat. In total for the boat I have one 750lb for the ski locker area, another 750lb for the floor in the stern most position of the seating area and then two 400lbs - one for each side (I'm goofy and everyone else is regular).

Last edited:

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I forgot to take my GPS with me so I can't be 100% sure, but the on board speedo was bouncing around 11 mph. I didn't have the full benefit of the side fat sac as I had put it under the SB seat and in that position I can't fill it completely full. I think it makes more sense to put it on the seat. In total for the boat I have one 750lb for the ski locker area, another 750lb for the floor in the stern most position of the seating area and then two 400lbs - one for each side (I'm goofy and everyone else is regular).
Now that I think about it, I wonder if it makes more sense to put the two 400s in the boat and the 750s on the sides?

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not today but last weekend....
  1. Charged up battery.
  2. Replaced all four tires on MFI trailer with new at tire shop (Mitchell Brothers) in Portsmouth, OH - gotta love the smaller town market pricing.
  3. Swapped black bow stop roller for Stoltz 4" orange roller. Simple change out on the trailer, I haven't welded or bolted bow stop yet so I loosened the lock bolt and was able to get sufficient room to swap out the roller. No bending of bracket was required.
  4. Swapped factory winch for Fulton F2 2 speed winch. (I went with the two speed, with the hope that my kids could reel it onto the trailer bowstop)
  5. Changed oil using factory yamalube change kits from local dealer in Columbus.
  6. Pressure washed exterior of boat and gave a good wash.
  7. Had a great day on the water Saturday to treat my wife, family and my mother in law on the Ohio river
  8. Towed her back up to Columbus and looking forward to a great season!
Cannot wait to put in 2nd battery, ACR, Switch, bus bars and whole-boat seadeck next. The mod sickness has infected me...

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
@mark_m how far away from you is the Ohio River. Just curious. I have family that live in Columbus and boat regularly. Ive always wanted to make the trip and bring the boat.