• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Y.E.S. Warranty Transfer

WaTeRMaNiaC407

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XD
Boat Length
I have a 2021 212XD boat that I drove from Orlando to Atlanta to purchase used on consignment from a non Yamaha dealer at the end of October 2021. The person that bought the boat originally purchased it in Jacksonville, FL on Feb 26, 2021.

The boat has had the 10 hour service but I don't have the record of this. I was told that it was done by the dealer I purchased it from and the hours since maintenance on the helm would support this. The boat is still under the manufacturer's warranty and there is nothing wrong with the boat.

I was reviewing the original Bill of Sale when the boat was purchased new and I see that the original owner paid $4295 for 36 months of Priority Maintenance. I decided to check to see if that means that he bought the Y.E.S. warranty by entering the hull id on the Y.E.S. website and it does in fact show that the boat does have 36 months of coverage after the manufacturer's warranty expires.

The question is, Can it be transferred to me even though I have had ownership of the boat for over 2 months? The fine print on the Y.E.S. paperwork says that it has to happen within 30 days. The Y.E.S. warranty hasn't even started yet so I don't know if that is my out. What do you recommend I do? Contact Y.E.S. directly? Go to a local dealer and see if they can help me? Call the original dealer which is 2.5 hours away from me and see what they say?

Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

I would call Y.E.S. directly and find out what the process would be. As an aside, until it is transferred, the purchaser could request a refund of the premium, I believe. So you want to get it transferred into your name.

I just bought a new boat in October and went through the same ordeal. I was told by the dealer if I couldn’t get it in within 30 days that it wasn’t a big deal. They just wanted to do the inspection to verify it was in good shape which cost me 180 dollars. After the inspection they changed everything on Yamahas website and provided documentation. I then called Yamaha the next day and confirmed everything was transferred. Very easy.

I just bought a new boat in October and went through the same ordeal. I was told by the dealer if I couldn’t get it in within 30 days that it wasn’t a big deal. They just wanted to do the inspection to verify it was in good shape which cost me 180 dollars. After the inspection they changed everything on Yamahas website and provided documentation. I then called Yamaha the next day and confirmed everything was transferred. Very easy.

Do I have to go the original dealer that sold it or can I go to a dealer that is more local?

I did not go to the original dealer. I went to the one closest to me.

I decided to send an email to the general manager of a close by dealership who had responded to me back in July when I was looking for a new boat. (They didn’t have any)

I told him my situation with the warranty and he had his sales admin person reach out to me. I sent her my information, bill of sale and the Hull ID and it was switched just that easy.

That will be my dealer of choice for all future needs because of that.

Thank you to all who responded to get me on the right track.

Last edited:
The key is that some buyers don't know that the warranty can be refunded to the original purchaser within the first 12 months plus 1 month. So to get it moved fast is the best.

Back