• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Y.E.S warranty

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I was going through my paper work today for a used boat I bought and I thought the original Y.E.S warranty had expired but after rereading it looks like it is good till 6/21/16. Should I try to go through the process to get it transferred? Anyone know the cost or hassles of trying to do this? Just curious as I will likely only use the boat 3-4 more times before it expires.

I called around to a few places that serviced yamahas and found a guy that went ahead and transferred it for me for free. Did not require him looking at the boat either. Every other place wanted to inspect the boat and charge me. So if you can get it transferred for no cost or effort, may as well.

Is there a time limit to get it transferred after you buy the boat. If it costs, you could always wait and see if you have any major issues first. Unless there is a time limit to transfer it. If there is, I'd do it just in case.

Call Teresa at Y.E.S. (866-937-3983) - spoken to her a number of times about issues with ours [length of warranty to original owner had not been recorded properly] and she was very helpful. [hint... if someone else answers, call back later. ;) Got a number of wrong/bad answers from someone that was filling in for her.]
There's no cost for the transfer apparently so why not get it? And once it's in your name, you have a good 6 months to find stuff that might be covered under warranty...

I had mine transferred for free back in 2008. My dealer did require me to bring the boat in for an "inspection". I think that it's more of a formality and I'm sure that's why most dealers just transfer it without the hassle.

Back