• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha 190 FSH trolling motor and mooring cover

erexa71

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hey all,
New boat owner here. Looking to add a MinnKota Riptide trolling motor to my new ‘18 190 FSH. I’d like to install a quick release bracket and use the factory mooring cover. Any suggestions or recommendations on how to install the plate and the quick release so the cover will fit? Or if I need to modify the cover, any tips on what you did to the cover to account for the bracket? Appreciate the help!

kthrash

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
quick release for the bracket is easy, I used a Minn Kota RTA-17, but has it been established if the new covers accommodate the factory bracket?

Ron May94

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Can anyone share a picture or provide advice on mounting trolling batteries under center console/changing room. What to ensure batteries stay secure. Thanks

Dcbuttsjr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have an 18 with riptide. I had to buy a ‘19 cover as it has the pouch for the trolling motor bracket. I had to cut the racket straps off the ratchet on one side as the 19’s are longer and wider. The cover fits well even with trailering but you will need to cut the straps as they are affixed and wont tighten enough before hitting the back of the ratchet strap cover pouch.

Attachments