• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha 190 FSH trolling motor and mooring cover

erexa71

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Hey all,
New boat owner here. Looking to add a MinnKota Riptide trolling motor to my new ‘18 190 FSH. I’d like to install a quick release bracket and use the factory mooring cover. Any suggestions or recommendations on how to install the plate and the quick release so the cover will fit? Or if I need to modify the cover, any tips on what you did to the cover to account for the bracket? Appreciate the help!

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
quick release for the bracket is easy, I used a Minn Kota RTA-17, but has it been established if the new covers accommodate the factory bracket?

Ron May94

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Can anyone share a picture or provide advice on mounting trolling batteries under center console/changing room. What to ensure batteries stay secure. Thanks

Dcbuttsjr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have an 18 with riptide. I had to buy a ‘19 cover as it has the pouch for the trolling motor bracket. I had to cut the racket straps off the ratchet on one side as the 19’s are longer and wider. The cover fits well even with trailering but you will need to cut the straps as they are affixed and wont tighten enough before hitting the back of the ratchet strap cover pouch.

Attachments

Silas Miller

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have an 18 with riptide. I had to buy a ‘19 cover as it has the pouch for the trolling motor bracket. I had to cut the racket straps off the ratchet on one side as the 19’s are longer and wider. The cover fits well even with trailering but you will need to cut the straps as they are affixed and wont tighten enough before hitting the back of the ratchet strap cover pouch.
Looks so much looser than the 18 cover. I didn't realize they changed the hull from 18 to 19. Interesting!

Can0n11

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
The quick adapter mount on the Yamaha trolling motor bracket fits perfectly in the mooring cover pocket. I don't have a front pic of the cover but I included a pic of the Yamaha cover. I have a 36v setup that was dealer installed, see pics. Last summer I moved 2 batteries behind the live well (warning-stupid human tricks and muscle involved getting them there) but it balanced the boat and increased speed a bit. Also kept water out of the anchor locker. I replaced the batteries with lifeP04 and have the batteries back up front. I may put 1 Lead acid back in there to power electronics only, but for now I have no batteries back behind the live well. If you are running a 12 or 24v setup I wouldn't recommend placing them in the stern, not worth the hassle or inconvenience. Good luck on your install!

Attachments

Silas Miller

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The quick adapter mount on the Yamaha trolling motor bracket fits perfectly in the mooring cover pocket. I don't have a front pic of the cover but I included a pic of the Yamaha cover. I have a 36v setup that was dealer installed, see pics. Last summer I moved 2 batteries behind the live well (warning-stupid human tricks and muscle involved getting them there) but it balanced the boat and increased speed a bit. Also kept water out of the anchor locker. I replaced the batteries with lifeP04 and have the batteries back up front. I may put 1 Lead acid back in there to power electronics only, but for now I have no batteries back behind the live well. If you are running a 12 or 24v setup I wouldn't recommend placing them in the stern, not worth the hassle or inconvenience. Good luck on your install!
Nice! So you moved the battery back up to the changing area? I'm thinking of putting mine in under the starboard jump seat for balance. I need to drill the mounting plate for the quick release puck.(the one I have came with the boat and only has the holes for the motor itself.) Hope to get it done this weekend.

Can0n11

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Attaching the puck was pretty straight forward as I remember. You can access the 2 aft nuts from the access hatch although I may have had to use longer bolts to get proper grip on the lock nuts? On my '20 the live well is under the rear jumpseat (next to the helm starboard) and the tool tray cutout behind the live well is where I accessed the battery install. Your boat may be different. If you are wanting to correct a left listing I would try filling your live well first and seeing if that corrects the issue. You may have a different setup than I do in your rear stern area though. Good luck!