• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha 195s speaker budget upgrade attempt... Success!

Yamahaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Speakers installed! The 8's fit nicely. Sounds amazing. Can actually hear the music while at full throttle! The 8s give good low tones and great mid.
View attachment 129159View attachment 129160
so my shop wants to install the JL M6 8.8 in the same spots. My question is this: I know those wetsounds have a mounting depth of 4" the JL 8.8 are 5.25" max. actually 5 1/8" i believe. How much extra room did you have behind those speakers? do you think 5.25" would fit? and how do i find out if youre not sure? cant just cut and see. lol Maybe the depth of the cup holder? thanks

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Speakers installed! The 8's fit nicely. Sounds amazing. Can actually hear the music while at full throttle! The 8s give good low tones and great mid.
Looks good and I bet those 8's really pound...can you hear me now?
:woot:

Cainon01

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
so my shop wants to install the JL M6 8.8 in the same spots. My question is this: I know those wetsounds have a mounting depth of 4" the JL 8.8 are 5.25" max. actually 5 1/8" i believe. How much extra room did you have behind those speakers? do you think 5.25" would fit? and how do i find out if youre not sure? cant just cut and see. lol Maybe the depth of the cup holder? thanks
Seems like I had a few extra inches. I crawled into the helm cargo area and looked behind before I cut lol. The cup holders under the throttle handle were easy to take out. That was super helpful on the starboard side. There is a cup holder drain hose on the port side that I had to relocate. Also had to move the hole back on the aft starboard speaker to avoid the extra fiberglass from the table mount.