• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Yamaha 2.99% promo is back for June

I just realized that Synchrony Bank is part of Synchrony Financial. I previously had Care Credit and Lowe's account credit with them and both are paid off and in good standing, so maybe that will help :D

Yup I have CareCredit and you should be good to go :) hehe win win

Let me know what happens when you get to that point I am curious if they share their tier thresholds with buyers or potential buyers

This IS tempting but I heard 2017 will bring a 32' cuddy with triple jets!!

Hmm tempting, but my wife said "talk to me at the end of the year" lol

This IS tempting but I heard 2017 will bring a 32' cuddy with triple jets!!
LOL...tease.

Likely the only way I'll own a Yamaha again will be if they come out with a cabin cruiser in a few years. With the kids getting out of watersport mode, we want to be able to stay out for the weekend on our next boat. And my wife says that means AC and a REAL toilet.

Dealer just called me back and he has located a blue AR240. He also mentioned he found me a blue dealer demo 242 LS that he could give me at a discounted price. He's going to email me the buyers agreement so we can run numbers and I guess we'll see where it goes.

Wife wasn't too happy last night when I mentioned I might try and get the boat before the end of the year as we originally planned. Without knowing how rates are at the end of the year I think we would be better in the long run if we can get the 2.99. We'll see. Better to ask for forgiveness than permission anyways :D

This may have been mentioned ready but the promo this early makes me think it is very likely that something big is on the horizon for the 19 and 21 foot boats. I sure hope it includes the big sound reduction improvements the 24s got this year.

To keep competitive they HAVE to issue super charged motors at some point.

Is this the year??????

Well I can hang up dreams of getting a new boat :(. Just heard back from the dealer and he said Yamaha wants 14.99% with $200 down. No way in hell I'm paying that! And just what is $200 supposed to do lol? Back to used boat shopping at the end of the year for me.

I recently had to file a dispute with Equifax that is still pending so I'm sure this had something to do with it. My fathers name is the same as mine and I noticed his credit was showing up on my Equifax account.

Last edited:
Well I can hang up dreams of getting a new boat :(. Just heard back from the dealer and he said Yamaha wants 14.99% with $200 down. No way in hell I'm paying that! And just what is $200 supposed to do lol? Back to used boat shopping at the end of the year for me.

I recently had to file a dispute with Equifax that is still pending so I'm sure this had something to do with it. My fathers name is the same as mine and I noticed his credit was showing up on my Equifax account.

Ah Man, that sucks, but don't worry - something will come up. It wasn't meant to be this time but maybe it's for a reason. There might be something better lurking right around the corner...

LOL...tease.

Likely the only way I'll own a Yamaha again will be if they come out with a cabin cruiser in a few years. With the kids getting out of watersport mode, we want to be able to stay out for the weekend on our next boat. And my wife says that means AC and a REAL toilet.

Same here. Next boat (probably 10+ years from now) will be a cabin boat of some sort. You listening @Yamaha? You've got about a decade to get it together or lose me forever!

Ah Man, that sucks, but don't worry - something will come up. It wasn't meant to be this time but maybe it's for a reason. There might be something better lurking right around the corner...
The dealer is trying to get me set up with RSD lending and he says he can beat the rate. RSD gave me a call and he said my credit is strong so he's not sure what the deal was with Yamaha/Synchrony Financial. We will see where this goes but I won't know more until Monday.

I just got a call from RSD and he said 3 different boat lenders approved me for 4.74% for 180 months but I had to have 10%, which I wasn't planning on. So I told him I'm just going to hold off and save up for a down payment at the end of the year.

I was surprised at how far off Yamaha was on approving me. The guy with RSD was too and he said he didn't understand why they put me in such a high rate. He said my credit is strong and when I asked for my FICO score he said 792. So much for the supposed Tier 1 and Tier 2 numbers being approved for the 2.99 and $0 down :facepalm:. Apparently you better have a 800+ score and ZERO debt if you want the best deal with Yamaha :D

I called the dealer back and he agreed that it's strange Yamaha is so far off. He said the initial approval process is automated from Yamaha and that he will call them directly and Synchrony to see if there was a typo or just what the issue is. He said the 2.99 / $0 down approval is for Tier 1 and 2 qualifiers and that with a 792 is should have been approved. My debt to income ratio is not out of whack either so who knows lol. At this point I'm not holding my breath but I will say Randy and the kind folks at Wedowee Marine have been great to work with so far and they seem to go to all lengths to get someone financed! Kudos to them for trying!

Last edited:
I know nothing of the dealer but when things like this happen you should make the call to Synchrony to make sure all of these rates are legit with no % getting tacked on for dealer profit.

I know nothing of the dealer but when things like this happen you should make the call to Synchrony to make sure all of these rates are legit with no % getting tacked on for dealer profit.
I looked on their website but I don't see a number to call them for loans. I only see credit cards, savings and CareCredit for consumers. https://www.synchronyfinancial.com/contact-us.html

@MikeyL has worked with these folks in the past and he is good friends with Randy, the owner of Wedowee Marine. The fact Randy tried to get me set up with RSD lending makes me think he just wants to get me in the boat. I don't think he would gouge a customer that much, I mean going 4.77 to 14.99 is a HUGE markup lol. Who knows though. I'm not even sure if it would do more damage to my credit if I called Synchrony Financial directly seeing as how I don't have an account with them anymore (both my Lowe's and CareCredit accounts were closed in good standing).

Last edited:
Ahhhh.... Now the dealer name rings a bell. Yes they are a great dealer. I'm sure that's actual rate data you have been given. I've seen a couple of dealers giving crazy rates to people so I always preach "check for yourself".

Yea I think that is the rate they were given and I really don't think Randy is that kind of guy or dealer. They seems really nice and I've read nothing but great reviews from them. I spoke with Mikey on the phone a few days ago and he spoke nothing but high praises for Randy and his family at Wedowee Marine.

I'm just not sure why it's so lop-sided compared to other lenders that approved me. I'm in my late 30's with good credit, stable income (I've worked as a design engineer for the same company for 11 years now) and minimal debt aside from a truck payment that closes in 8 months. You would think that wouldn't be an issue so that's why I'm amazed at how far off Yamaha was. He did say it was automated response approvals so maybe they can find out what the issue is when they speak with Yamaha and/or Synchrony. The saga continues...

I had the same issue last year when I bought my Waverunner through Synchrony. I didn't get the advertised lowest rate. I forget what I was given, but it was OK. However, when I bought my SX190 last month I was rated Tier 1 right away. My life circumstances haven't really changed, so I think it had to do with my spotless payment history on the Waverunner.

The two accounts I've had with Synchrony were spotless as well. Heck I don't think I've missed a payment on anything unless I go back to my early or mid twenties lol.

I didn't hear back from the dealer today but he is a busy man. If I don't hear back from him tomorrow then I'm not going to bother with financing until the winter. Tomorrow is the final day for the promo but at this point I'm fairly certain I won't be financing with Synchrony now or in the future heh. Maybe I will get lucky and find a leftover at the winter boat shows, buy then and finance thru RSD.

It's probably a mild form of bait and switch.

Back