• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Yamaha 2.99% promo is back for June

Thanks...seems so discriminatory.

Contacted Yamaha and they have fixed the promo text....it IS for ALL boats! WOOT!

Personally I think it's just a typo or their webmaster hasn't updated the details. The reason I think that is because once you click on the new ad it still takes you back to their "current offers" web page which still shows the previous ad only for 19' boats yet the details talk about other (larger) boats. So even the current text details about the warranty don't match the old or new ads lol.

Edit - I posted too late. Glad to know and figured it was just a goof on their part. Thanks @Julian for checking with them :)

Damn this thread is going to cost me!! And here I was content with waiting until winter but nooooo someone had to show they are offering 2.99 on all boats again :D

Now I'm sitting here having a dealer (Wedowee Marine in case anyone on here has done business with them before) trying to locate an AR240 in black lol. They have a suede and orange in stock but no way in hell my wife is going to let me bring something orange to this house, much less ride in it :D. My second choice is space blue.

I'm hesitant though because I'd really like to see what color options and graphics for the 2016's before pulling the trigger on running the numbers. Ugh...first work problems!

That suede gray / orange is the sharpest looking IMO.
I would absolutely choose that over anything else. It's the most modern looking graphics, complements the modern character of a jet boat perfectly.

Roll Tide huh @haknslash? Haha. If you can't locate one from Wedowee, check out Park Marine over in GA. It's only a couple hour drive. When I was thinking about buying new we went over there and water tested a black AR240. They have several dealerships in the area and it seemed like they had a good stock. Of course that was back in early May.

Also, don't let them run you around on the financing. I have a 755 score and their first offer to me was 14.99%! It was enough to make me march home and buy a used boat out of spite. Haha.

Happy hunting!

Roll Tide huh @haknslash? Haha. If you can't locate one from Wedowee, check out Park Marine over in GA. It's only a couple hour drive. When I was thinking about buying new we went over there and water tested a black AR240. They have several dealerships in the area and it seemed like they had a good stock. Of course that was back in early May.

Also, don't let them run you around on the financing. I have a 755 score and their first offer to me was 14.99%! It was enough to make me march home and buy a used boat out of spite. Haha.

Happy hunting!
Yup Roll Tide :D. I had an orange turbo car several years ago and my wife never let me live that down. I don't mind the suede/orange too much but it's not my first choice. It doesn't look bad at all! I just gotta keep momma happy ya know, especially if dropping some decent change on a toy for the family!

Someone posted the Yamaha offer is for tier 1 & 2 qualifying (740+) so I think I should be in that ball park. We will see. If the APR is through the roof no way I'm pulling the trigger on a new one and I'll be back to looking at used boats. If that's the case I'll probably do as I originally intended and wait it out until the end of the year looking for any 2015 leftovers at discounted prices or just getting a used boat. Even if I get one now I don't think I would be able to get it in the water until July due to recovering from having my gut operated on but we will see I suppose. I've been healing up pretty fast so far!

Even if you can't get in the water...the second best thing is being "on" the water!

Warning: semi rant / mini novel below :D

I'm getting a bit worried the closest dealer to me (still 1.45 hrs away but they are on the water) is not going to be able to find the boat I'm looking for in time. I want a new AR240 preferably in black but all he has left is the suede. I told him I would also take a blue one as my second choice, giving him two options to work with. I spoke with him last Thursday and he said he would make some calls and get back to me the following day. Friday rolls around and nobody calls me back. So I give them over the weekend thinking surely he could have called around the dealer network to find the boat and I would hear back from them by Monday. Monday morning rolls around and nobody is calling me so I gave them another call and asked to speak with the guy I'm working with. Lady on the phone tells me he is busy helping a customer pick out a prop, so I tell her no biggie and give them my info once again and remind her what I'm looking for. She says he will call me back as soon as he's finished helping the customer. Nobody calls me back.

By now it was getting late in the afternoon and I still had not heard from him so I call back and he thankfully answers the phone. I begin to tell him who I am and he vaguely starts remembering our conversation from last week. He tells me some other guy is searching for the boat but he hasn't heard back from him and that he would check with the guy and then call me back. I'm thinking maybe this guy doesn't think I'm a serious potential buyer and that I'm just someone kicking the tires. So I ask him if there is anything I can do to go ahead and at least get the financial check out of the way so I would know where I stand with Yamaha on their interest rate based on my credit. He tells me he can send me over the form via email or to my phone and that it's no big deal. He kind of acts like he is too busy at the moment and then he tells me he will get back to me soon and doesn't ask for my email or anything.

Everything seemed fine and he was go-happy to deal with me on my first phone call with him until I told him I wasn't interested in buying his suede AR he has on the lot. It seems the brakes were applied at that point. So far not that impressed with their "White Diamond Award" customer service from Yamaha. If I'm dropping over 50 grand on something the least he could do was act like he wants my business and at least get the financial stuff out of the way so we will know if we're both wasting our time or not.

Normally I would just go to the next dealer that really wants my money but after doing some searching in Georgia most of the dealers are at least 3 hours from me and none of them had great reviews for one thing or another. Mississippi only has one dealer and he's even further than Georgia dealers. I also have time running out on me since this offer ends in a week and so far the dealer I'm talking to doesn't seem to be in any rush to find me my boat. Frustrating to say the least but if I don't hear back from him I guess I'm just going to wait it out until the end of the year when hopefully the rates will be low again.

I've bought several motorcycles in my lifetime both new and used and I've had dealers literally go out of their way to make a sale happen by driving across the state in a single day to get a bike I'm looking for without me even asking for them to do it. Maybe buying boats is different and dealers are used to tire kickers more than legitimate buyers.

Last edited:
Did you offer to put down a good faith deposit? That my spark new life in that dealership.

Did you offer to put down a good faith deposit? That my spark new life in that dealership.
I wold entertain doing that if I knew they had the boat I was looking for or at minimum showed a genuine interest in locating one for me. It kind of chaps my ass when someone says they are going to do something like "call me back the next day" or "I'll send the form to your phone" only to fall back on their end. It doesn't matter if he didn't find one that day but keeping me in the loop letting me know they are working on it would be better than not calling at all and me having to pester calling them and reminding them each week.

I have found a few dealers in the south that have a black one just by using searchtempest so I don't see what should take more than a day or two of searching on their end. I don't want to drive far to other dealers because I'm still recovering from a laparoscopic surgery. Plus from what I've read the stock tires that come with the trailer are crap and not radial tires, so towing back would be a real pain unless I buy new radial tires for a brand new $53k boat just so I can tow safely at 70 mph.

That sucks about your local dealer not wanting to make the sale!

I will tell you though that most dealers are unwilling to trade out more popular models at the peak of sales season right now. That can make it really tough to get the boat they want if its not already in stock.

I've thought about that as well. However the 2016's start to trickle in around August based on what others have said in the other thread and July is almost here. If that's the case I would think any dealer would love to see their 2015 inventory deplete at whatever cost just to make more room for incoming 2016's.

Can anyone recommend a dealer they've used in the south, particularly near Alabama?

Last edited:
I wold entertain doing that if I knew they had the boat I was looking for or at minimum showed a genuine interest in locating one for me. It kind of chaps my ass when someone says they are going to do something like "call me back the next day" or "I'll send the form to your phone" only to fall back on their end. It doesn't matter if he didn't find one that day but keeping me in the loop letting me know they are working on it would be better than not calling at all and me having to pester calling them and reminding them each week.

I have found a few dealers in the south that have a black one just by using searchtempest so I don't see what should take more than a day or two of searching on their end. I don't want to drive far to other dealers because I'm still recovering from a laparoscopic surgery. Plus from what I've read the stock tires that come with the trailer are crap and not radial tires, so towing back would be a real pain unless I buy new radial tires for a brand new $53k boat just so I can tow safely at 70 mph.

Took my stock tires to FL and back and still have them on after 3 years. I wouldnt worry much about the stock tires....

I am curious about the rates, my Credit Score right now is like 756.

Took my stock tires to FL and back and still have them on after 3 years. I wouldnt worry much about the stock tires....
I'm just concerned with the 'bounce' others are experiencing and that the bias ply tires are only rated for 65 mph.

I am curious about the rates, my Credit Score right now is like 756.
Based of what others said in this thread that would put you in the tier 2 category and theoretically would qualify for the 2.99. However I've never dealt with Synchrony Financial which is who Yamaha uses. Only way to know is to do an application with a dealer and see what they come back with. I would love to know where I stand as well so I would know if I'm wasting my time with a dealer. If I won't get approved for the 2.99 then I will likely go back to looking for a used boat with my credit union. I just wished I had the form to send them or any dealer wanting to make a sale for the boat I'm looking for.

Last edited:
740 or better generally gets you the 2.99 and zero down. Excessive debt to income can change that though.

I have them with care credit right now.... I am sure it helps to have an account balance that is already paid off like mine heeh we shall see....

I have them with care credit right now.... I am sure it helps to have an account balance that is already paid off like mine heeh we shall see....
I just realized that Synchrony Bank is part of Synchrony Financial. I previously had Care Credit and Lowe's account credit with them and both are paid off and in good standing, so maybe that will help :D

Last edited:
Back