• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha 242 warning beeper

Cody Johnson

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
hey guys. I’ve posted before on my radio communication error and after a lot of great tips I can’t get it right in my own and the local dealer can’t see me for three weeks. I’ve got the radio operable via the Polk app but about every five minutes my warning beeper will “un- silence” itself and start beeping again. Very annoying for on water use. We’re on vacation next week and will boat daily. Has anyone disconnected the warning beeper and if so, are there any adverse effects? I don’t have any other warning lights and my connext works fine otherwise. I just want to make sure no one has had a negative experience with this. Thoughts?

Should mention this is a 242 limited S. 2017 model

No reason I can think of that disconnecting would have any other affects except no beeper. Looks like just your standard 2 wire piezo alarm.

Awesome. Thank you!

Back