• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha 252SD Remote keypad for sound system on swim deck stays lit when batteries are switched off.

Sonic Blue

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Has anyone else experienced this? I received my boat from the dealer… all prepped for summer… they installed the batteries. My boat sat for a few weeks before I could get to it. When I started to load on my gear, I noticed both battery switches were left on and both batteries were completely dead. I found a ground wire that wasn’t connected To the battery terminal. I connected it and plugged the boat in to charge on my dual charger. Just noticed the remote sound system keypad on the swim deck remains lit with all switches off. Any thoughts?

Follow up. I have a Noco Genius 2 channel battery charger I use to trickle the batteries. It’s wired into My boat. Seems the lights on the remote are only on when that is plugged in and everything else is off. Still weird. I’m wondering if the Nocos confuse the Digital Voltage Sensitive Relay.

It shouldn’t be back feeding. Did you hook the wire from the dvsr to anything?

No. All,stock wiring. I haven’t messed with anything.

No. All,stock wiring. I haven’t messed with anything.
There is a wire coming off the dvsr that needs to be spliced into a key on power wire. My work around was to put a toggle switch on the ground wire from the dvsr to the battery. I just drilled a hole in the battery handle and put the switch in there. I just turn it on and off when I do the battery switches. You can test this by disconnecting the dvsr ground wire and plugging your charger in and see if the light still comes on.

Mine is on all the time. I have the NOCO as well, but I have noticed this when it is not plugged in. I think it did it before the NOCO too.

There is a wire coming off the dvsr that needs to be spliced into a key on power wire. My work around was to put a toggle switch on the ground wire from the dvsr to the battery. I just drilled a hole in the battery handle and put the switch in there. I just turn it on and off when I do the battery switches. You can test this by disconnecting the dvsr ground wire and plugging your charger in and see if the light still comes on.
Can you send me the link for the switch? I simply remove the wire after every outing but a switch sounds like a great idea.

My stern remote only stays on if my battery switches are on. Once I turn them off the backlighting on the stern remote shuts off also. I discovered this by accident one day while the boat was in my driveway. I went out at night and saw the glow from the remote and realized I hadnt turned off the battery switches.

My stern remote only stays on if my battery switches are on. Once I turn them off the backlighting on the stern remote shuts off also. I discovered this by accident one day while the boat was in my driveway. I went out at night and saw the glow from the remote and realized I hadnt turned off the battery switches.

Maybe it's on purpose as a reminder?

Interesting. Following this thread.
Took new boat out for first time a few days ago. When putting cover on at the end of the day, I noticed the remote keypad lights were on but I'm pretty sure I turned both batteries off. I was in a hurry and assumed they would turn off with some sort of timer. Can't get to the boat for a couple more days.
I hope she starts when I get there.

Back