• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha 255 xd

dapowerelectric

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I currently own a 2016 Limited SE and have ordered the 2021 255 XE.

A couple of years ago, I looked into Cobalt surf series and what stopped me from getting one are: 1) the desire / need to boat in shallow waters, 2) price - I should’ve probably led with this one lol

Cobalt is one of the high end boats. Their surf series use the Volvo front drive and, to me knowledge, have the deepest hull in the wake surf category

Definitely worth looking into.
Thanks, i did look into it, but the price is out of my range, for a same size boat you are in the same range price as a malibu or a Master craft.
The yamaha keeps hitting the all around button of what we are looking for at an affordable price and with a good warranty.

Klover

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I received word that the 255XD we have a deposit down on was shipped out and will be here next week. Excited to test it out. I did see/sit in a 252 a couple weeks ago as our dealer has one in stock.

Slant555

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
I received word that the 255XD we have a deposit down on was shipped out and will be here next week. Excited to test it out. I did see/sit in a 252 a couple weeks ago as our dealer has one in stock.
That’s great news! I just reached out to my dealer and he said that he could see my 255XE ‘in the portal’ but that they had not posted a ship date on it yet. I also specifically asked about the reduction in allocations people have mentioned and he said not to worry and told me “You will get a boat!”. Now I just hope it’s sooner rather than later!

dapowerelectric

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
That's very exciting news!! Congratulations!!! Super stoked for you guys!!! Can't wait to see pics and your first impressions once you get her in the water!!! Keep us posted.

Khalid

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Congrats! When did you place your deposit?

Klover

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Congrats! When did you place your deposit?
I believe it was ordered last year (or earlier this year), but the original depositor backed out/bought another boat. I had inquired a few months ago and they said they were all sold out of 255xd's for the year based on their allotment, but I was put on the cancelation list and got a call about a month ago that one was avail -- so I put the deposit down around a month ago when someone canceled.

Klover

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Aloha everyone! I just put a deposit for the new 2022 255 xd i was looking to find some 2021 owners that can give their insights on it??
I live in Maui Hawaii and after an extensive research we come down that the 255 xd will be the best fit to our needs and will perform better than other boats on chop water.
Any info insights or experiences from owners and non owners are more than welcome!
Have you received your 255xd yet? Mine's been shipped out and supposed to be here next week.

dapowerelectric

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Have you received your 255xd yet? Mine's been shipped out and supposed to be here next week.
Nope haven't even heard anything about it yet. Is yours a 2021 or 2022? We are waiting for a 22 since they said the 21s where already sold out.

Klover

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Congrats! We’re excited to check ours out - it’s supposed to arrive at the dealer this week. How’s the wave for wake surfing?

Slant555

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Congrats! Very cool. I can’t wait to get my hands on mine. Still waiting for that call from the dealer on ship date... Enjoy the boat and keep us posted with updates as you break it in.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I just picked my 255 xe up end of March. I have had it on water 3 times in 8 days. It’s a fantastic boat.
If you have a chance, could you take a picture of the amp wiring in the helm? Looks to be two amps from what I can tell.

Khalid

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Their is a lot to familiarize with boat. I have not filled ballist or lowered wake boost. Breaking in engines. Coving out. Very enjoyable! Stereo system fantastic
Congrats!

I’m supposed to have mine soon and very keen to know what/if I need to upgrade the sound system. Do you mind telling me how many speakers it came with? Also, does it come with a sub and/or amp?

Klover

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
We picked up our 255XD 2 days ago. Took it out yesterday with the family and they all enjoyed it. Water is still too cold to get in a surf, but hoping to do that soon.
Had a bit of trouble starting it at the dock, but the dealer warned us that that sometimes happens with new boats. Once it started, everything seemed to run fine. Here's a break down of my initial thoughts so far after just being on it for a couple hours during our test drive and then about 3 hours last night.
-- Boat looks great on the trailer and on the water.
-- It's a lot quieter than our 2008 AR210 -- has a deeper sound to the engines.
-- The dash and 12" connext with the blue LED accent helm lights look great and are a big hit -- kids think it looks like TRON.
-- The drive system is really cool and easy to use. Used it to pull away from dock, and then went to another dock and it made docking really easy. If you have a long no wake zone, it seems better to put it in no-wake mode (there's 3 different rpm speeds I believe in no-wake mode).
-- Although you give up quite a bit of storage with the hard tank ballasts under the rear benches and drive system in front of the helm in the starboard bow, it still has pretty good storage -- but probably a bit less than our 2008AR210 even though this is quite a bit bigger boat.
-- After it hit about 5 hours I did WOT for about a min and it hit 57 MPH with 6 of us on board -- the boat is FAST!
-- Didn't do a bunch of crazy driving, but it doesn't seem to turn as sharp and be as nimble as our 2008 -- which makes sense since it's a bigger boat. It also seems to throw a bit more spray out further than our 2008. Wife and kids hope it's as fun to tube behind as our 2008 was. It's supposed to be in the 80's here next week so hopefully we can get the kids out tubing.
-- Clean out ports are so much easier to remove and re-install than on our 08'. In fact, I usually could not get the other clean out ports out without a special leverage contraption so hardly ever removed them
-- Sound system is good for a stock system. Wish it had an equalizer or way to change the settings other than just the zones.
-- Connext system seems easy to navigate and a big upgrade and modernization compared to the 08' dash and gauges.
-- Surf wave didn't impress as much as when we did the test drive, but we only played around with it for about 5 mins and only filled the rear ballasts since we had a tube in the center floor compartment.
So far, so good. Hoping to get a full day on the water and experiment more next week. Hope this helps anyone who's waiting or considering getting one.

Attachments

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
How do your jet nozzles look when straight wheel. Mine were all outta wack. Just had to drop back off at yammy dealer after taking delivery today of my XD. Kinda upset with a few things that I'll post up about after I get it back so I can take pictures e.t.c. I'm curious as to nozzle measurements on your boat if its correct. Face of pump plates to the bolt centerline of the turnbuckle.

Last edited:

dapowerelectric

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
We picked up our 255XD 2 days ago. Took it out yesterday with the family and they all enjoyed it. Water is still too cold to get in a surf, but hoping to do that soon.
Had a bit of trouble starting it at the dock, but the dealer warned us that that sometimes happens with new boats. Once it started, everything seemed to run fine. Here's a break down of my initial thoughts so far after just being on it for a couple hours during our test drive and then about 3 hours last night.
-- Boat looks great on the trailer and on the water.
-- It's a lot quieter than our 2008 AR210 -- has a deeper sound to the engines.
-- The dash and 12" connext with the blue LED accent helm lights look great and are a big hit -- kids think it looks like TRON.
-- The drive system is really cool and easy to use. Used it to pull away from dock, and then went to another dock and it made docking really easy. If you have a long no wake zone, it seems better to put it in no-wake mode (there's 3 different rpm speeds I believe in no-wake mode).
-- Although you give up quite a bit of storage with the hard tank ballasts under the rear benches and drive system in front of the helm in the starboard bow, it still has pretty good storage -- but probably a bit less than our 2008AR210 even though this is quite a bit bigger boat.
-- After it hit about 5 hours I did WOT for about a min and it hit 57 MPH with 6 of us on board -- the boat is FAST!
-- Didn't do a bunch of crazy driving, but it doesn't seem to turn as sharp and be as nimble as our 2008 -- which makes sense since it's a bigger boat. It also seems to throw a bit more spray out further than our 2008. Wife and kids hope it's as fun to tube behind as our 2008 was. It's supposed to be in the 80's here next week so hopefully we can get the kids out tubing.
-- Clean out ports are so much easier to remove and re-install than on our 08'. In fact, I usually could not get the other clean out ports out without a special leverage contraption so hardly ever removed them
-- Sound system is good for a stock system. Wish it had an equalizer or way to change the settings other than just the zones.
-- Connext system seems easy to navigate and a big upgrade and modernization compared to the 08' dash and gauges.
-- Surf wave didn't impress as much as when we did the test drive, but we only played around with it for about 5 mins and only filled the rear ballasts since we had a tube in the center floor compartment.
So far, so good. Hoping to get a full day on the water and experiment more next week. Hope this helps anyone who's waiting or considering getting one.
Looking good!! Congratulations!!! Still waiting on mine! cant wait to hear more about it once you get more insights!
Much Mahalo for sharing!

Klover

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
How do your jet nozzles look when straight wheel. Mine were all outta wack. Just had to drop back off at yammy dealer after taking delivery today of my XD. Kinda upset with a few things that I'll post up about after I get it back so I can take pictures e.t.c. I'm curious as to nozzle measurements on your boat if its correct. Face of pump plates to the bolt centerline of the turnbuckle.
I didn't notice anything out of whack - but I didn't really examine them that closely. I'll check next time I'm out.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I examined the direction of the jet nozzles closely on my 252SE when I installed my Thrust Vectors and with my wheel straight my jet nozzles do indeed point straight back.

I'll tell you one thing, though, I don't like the fact that the steering wheel looks perfectly symmetrical because I have no way of knowing if it's straight or not when I'm driving the boat. (Not sure if the 255XD's have the same steering wheel as the 252SE's or not). I had to put a mark on the arm that points down when the wheel is straight just for my reference.