• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha 255XD - First Run

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You kind of develop your own but if you search checklist on this forum you will see many discussions and what people do and have done as part of their own pre-trip, launch and post- trip check list. Once you do yours a few times, memory kicks in and it becomes second nature.

Also it sounds as if you are new to boating and definitely owning your Yamaha. Maybe if you put on your profile where you live or mention it, you could see if a member close to you would show you the ropes if you having some challenges. It will all work out, we all go through it. I personally have met with 3 new boat owners in the last month to walk them through their boat. I have another member who will want me to go to dealer, which is local to me, and give their boat a walkthrough before it is shipped to them in another state, and last week someone brought their boat over and we installed trim tabs.

A lot of people on this forum don't mind helping out if they can.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Like @HangOutdoors said, lots of good people here who are willing to help. Plus we would like to see your monster boat in action. I want to see video of someone surfing behind it.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My boat it quite a bit older than yours so procedure won't be quite the same. But it will give you something to work from.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Here’s a checklist I helped another member with a little while back. It should still be pretty accurate.

This is hilarious. I have one concern. The deployment of children before the deployment of said offspring's life vests. Maybe that sequence order is related to the adult beverage previously consumed!?

More serious question, so if you turn blowers on and turn the key off the connext screen stays on?!!! Mind blown. I usually just don't turn the key to stay in float mode.

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I don’t remember what I was doing when I figured out about the blower and Connext but it works like a charm.

As for the life jacket sequence... I used to throw them diving-weights, but I’m getting softer these days.

rbarthur21

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Another thing I do, that I think I read from someone on here, is to fire the engine up before I even hook up the trailer to my tow vehicle. Don’t want to get all the way to the ramp and launch only to find out the boat won’t start.

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Where are you located, maybe there is a member that would be willing to help you get started and show you a few tips

Wittyy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Where can I find the check list?
Ok.... so if the clean out plugs were not the problem, I think I might have a good guess..
The boat is likely in a surf point mode. It’s probably “set” at 10mph. When you push the throttle to wide open the boat will
Surge but should not exceed 10mph....
Try again out of surf point set up.

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Ok.... so if the clean out plugs were not the problem, I think I might have a good guess..
The boat is likely in a surf point mode. It’s probably “set” at 10mph. When you push the throttle to wide open the boat will
Surge but should not exceed 10mph....
Try again out of surf point set up.
theres a few steps to put in surfpointe. You need to hit the "set" tab on the screen to put it in the mode. If that wasnt done it should be in any mode in regards to wake sports.