• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Annual Production Figures?

Plpbecks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Out of curiosity, does anyone have any stats on how many units Yamaha made/makes in a given year? Would be very interested to see the breakdown by model. I have seen yamaha’s international sales figures online, but they group all watercraft together, and I’m assuming they make a lot more waverunners than boats.

I saw @Bruce ’s post with a 2020 sales slide saying they are expanding with capability of producing 32 boats a day, so I’m assuming 2019 figures are something less than 32x365= 11,680.

Any dealers here have access to these figures that can be shared?

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I saw @Bruce ’s post with a 2020 sales slide saying they are expanding with capability of producing 32 boats a day, so I’m assuming 2019 figures are something less than 32x365= 11,680.
Yeah that's close, but just off a bit. I don't have an solid info, except for known info like you, so total boat production will be more like 32x261 working days = 8,352 per year max. Still sounds like a lot of boats when you think that most boats last 20+ years. I've seen lots of boats in my area that are well over 20 but still look great. There's lots of newer boats too (less than 5 years), but very few jet boats - only seen half a dozen in the last couple of years. I don't know where they sell all these boats, but it isn't near me.
:D