• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha AR210 TR1 water in engines waves at beach filled it up.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Having a hard time following you.... in any event good luck and I hope it all gets sorted out

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Babin Farms recently and successfully replaced his first(?) sbt motor with a newer one and may be able to answer any question you may have or give you tips about it. If it’s just a repair I would look for a local pwc shop for a quote and timing estimate.
Not me @Ronnie, but I have been reading quite a few threads about replacing MR1 engines hoping that I NEVER have to go down that road but want to be prepared for any situation.

I would be looking for a PWC if it can't be rebuilt or in a pinch for time

dadramjet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok here is the next question
Port compression is 120 each on all 3, I believe it should be 150?
I noticed some low compression motors out there does anyone have or know where I can quire a 120 compression or close on all 3?
we are going to sell it.

dadramjet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not me @Ronnie, but I have been reading quite a few threads about replacing MR1 engines hoping that I NEVER have to go down that road but want to be prepared for any situation.

I would be looking for a PWC if it can't be rebuilt or in a pinch for time
It wasn't hard to pull out of the jet boat I had room and could lift it myself.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m capable but just hope to never have to. Hopefully this is the last engine I ever pullD7A4DE94-97E2-4168-932F-D4047A02C81C.jpeg

dadramjet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That looks all bad but I don’t know if it means the engine needs to be replaced or If it’s cheaper to repair it. If the former and you want to get back on the water quickly consider calling sbt (small block technology(ies?) for a rebuilt motor. In addition to $3,500 or so they will want the core of your busted motor. @Babin Farms recently and successfully replaced his first(?) sbt motor with a newer one and may be able to answer any question you may have or give you tips about it. If it’s just a repair I would look for a local pwc shop for a quote and timing estimate.
sbt showed no tr1's on there site. they don't answer the phone. they also have bad reviews .

dadramjet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has anyone done business with Mike Miller jetskiswholesale.com . I know the business is real. he got right back with me.