• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha AR240 engine RPM's not in sync.

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am having RPM sync issues when I get over 3,000 RPM. The mis match is 500-1000 RPM lower on the port side engine.
When inspecting the APS i am slightly out of spec
APS 1 = .93 kohm closed and 4.67 Kohm open (out of spec)
spec range is .5-.9 Kohm closed and 3.75-4.35 Kohm open
APS 2 = .8 closed and 4.45 open (with in spec)
spec range is .35-1.05 closed and 3.6-4.5 open

could the APS 1 being slightly out of spec cause this?
You might check your APS1 to make sure it is hitting the stop at idle - the voltages look a little high (but not too bad).

That said, there really isn't anything that can "sync" your engines short of something with a feedback loop. That feedback loop can be you and your ears / hands, or it can be Ridesteady. Even if you drove both engines off the same APS (i.e. identical voltages), there are so many electrical and mechanical tolerance / manufacturing reasons that engine speeds will be different, particularly across the RPM range.