• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Audio question

MillsyMO

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
I’ve read through tons of posts on Yamaha stereo upgrades. I’m very familiar with wiring stereo’s and amplifiers. Does anyone know why this factory amp has this yellow wire? On a stereo it’s there for constant power to keep your memory when the vehicle is off. So why would this amp have it? Is this more than an amp is it the tuner also?? AR250.

Here’s photos of what I’m working with.

Attachments

• 817F5FB9-D8C7-4256-9AA8-A4C2C067B1F3.jpeg
    817F5FB9-D8C7-4256-9AA8-A4C2C067B1F3.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 24
  • AF492F01-BA6A-4C73-B7A3-C4034A33D0A4.jpeg
    AF492F01-BA6A-4C73-B7A3-C4034A33D0A4.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 23
My gut would tell me it's the main power wire for the amp. Put your DMM on it, you will figure it out pretty quick.

I don't know this unit, but the amp could be a combo unit and the interface is just the interface. The yellow is likely like all yellow wires...constant to keep any settings that reside in the unit. I doubt it's just a dumb amp. Further research indicates it's appears like this one BLUECUBE6 Mini

Last edited:
I don't know this unit, but the amp could be a combo unit and the interface is just the interface. The yellow is likely like all yellow wires...constant to keep any settings that reside in the unit. I doubt it's just a dumb amp. Further research indicates it's appears like this one BLUECUBE6 Mini

Based on that - both yellow and red are your +12v.

According to my volt meter the red is my remote wire, yellow constant, and blue is dead.

Back