• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Boat Loans Sold From Synchrony to Yamaha Motor Finance

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I paid off my loan with Yamaha Finance on 2/27/2020 and still have not received my title. When I paid off the loan I was told 30-45 day to receive the title. After 45 days I called and was told to wait longer and when I asked to speak to the title department I was told they do not have one. So I asked well then how do you know when the titles are release and they told me they don't. At that point I asked to speak to a manger and I was disconnected. I have gone through the same experience 3 more time between then and now.

Does anyone have a good phone number for someone higher up within Yamaha Finance as a point to of contact to resolve?
Man so sorry to hear this. Don't have any help on contacts but I feel your pain on their incompetence.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I paid off my loan with Yamaha Finance on 2/27/2020 and still have not received my title. When I paid off the loan I was told 30-45 day to receive the title. After 45 days I called and was told to wait longer and when I asked to speak to the title department I was told they do not have one. So I asked well then how do you know when the titles are release and they told me they don't. At that point I asked to speak to a manger and I was disconnected. I have gone through the same experience 3 more time between then and now.

Does anyone have a good phone number for someone higher up within Yamaha Finance as a point to of contact to resolve?
Dude, that sucks. I don't have any information for you, but hope it gets resolved quickly.

Have you tried reaching out to your local dealer? Mine was VERY interested to hear what I had to say back in January when we talked at the boat show. I know he has a contact at Yamaha Financial. Perhaps they could, at the very least, get you a different number to call in to?!?!

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thank you to those that reached out, the titles actually showed up in the mail today.

BlackandTan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Did anyone else not get a statement for May from Yamaha Motor Finance Corporation? I'm somewhat anal about my finances and didn't get a May statement. I emailed via the Contact Us page with no reply. I then called and asked for a May statement and was told, you can go online and see your balance, but not for my statement date. I got my June statement today, and it had all of the activity for May and June! It's like they decided; we're not going to send out statements for May, and just picked up in June.

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Did anyone else not get a statement for May from Yamaha Motor Finance Corporation? I'm somewhat anal about my finances and didn't get a May statement. I emailed via the Contact Us page with no reply. I then called and asked for a May statement and was told, you can go online and see your balance, but not for my statement date. I got my June statement today, and it had all of the activity for May and June! It's like they decided; we're not going to send out statements for May, and just picked up in June.
That’s weird, they keep impressing us don’t they. For the record though my May statement was produced received and is also on the website

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have been getting every statement. Everything seems Aok now after lots and lots of frustration

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I honestly can't remember. I've been paying a few days early through the website. I "feel" like the statements always come in AFTER I make the payment.

I'll dig through my mail and see what I come up with.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
So this month they didn't draw the automatic payment. Now it shows I am past due, but can't make a payment because I am on auto-draw. This happen to anyone else?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yamaha Financial Strikes Again.

I get this after about 10 seconds.....

1596158567247.png

as fast as I can click I can't make it through the process of paying without it timing out. What a complete shit show of a mess this company is.

David D

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Do NOT finance through Yamaha, no matter how attractive the interest rate is. They don't apply payments in a standard way (overpayments do not go to principal) and I've been waiting 60 days for them to release a lien on my boat -- which can be done online in my state. They're incompetent and maybe even crooks.

A little more info on this thread: https://jetboaters.net/threads/yamaha-motor-finance.28024/#post-471534

David D

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length

I've been dealing with the same incompetence since June 1st. I can't count how many times I've been promised it will be "any day now".

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yamaha Financial Strikes Again.

I get this after about 10 seconds.....

View attachment 127820

as fast as I can click I can't make it through the process of paying without it timing out. What a complete shit show of a mess this company is.
I’ve got the same issue at 7/31 now. Any word on their issue?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’ve got the same issue at 7/31 now. Any word on their issue?
I was able to "quickly" click my way through last night. I was able to hit "submit" before it timed out, but while "approving" teh charge it kicked me out.

I had a confirmation email in my inbox when I woke up this morning. So, I think I got mine through.

I seriously think I could have designed a better website with online toolkits than this site. It just plain sucks.

Wife and I have seriously discussed going ahead and refinancing the boat with another lender, JUST so that we can get the process of getting away from Yamaha Financial over and done with before we go to sell/trade the boat.

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was able to "quickly" click my way through last night. I was able to hit "submit" before it timed out, but while "approving" teh charge it kicked me out.

I had a confirmation email in my inbox when I woke up this morning. So, I think I got mine through.

I seriously think I could have designed a better website with online toolkits than this site. It just plain sucks.

Wife and I have seriously discussed going ahead and refinancing the boat with another lender, JUST so that we can get the process of getting away from Yamaha Financial over and done with before we go to sell/trade the boat.
I called today spoke to “Mike” they are aware the portal is down and offered to make phone payment which I politely declined. I’ll wait for portal fix my payment is not due for 11 days.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I called today spoke to “Mike” they are aware the portal is down and offered to make phone payment which I politely declined. I’ll wait for portal fix my payment is not due for 11 days.
Guessing they didn't offer to waive the phone payment fees either did they?

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Guessing they didn't offer to waive the phone payment fees either did they?
Haha nope. I’ll be paying off my loan really early as well. Worse company I’ve ever dealt with

David D

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Haha nope. I’ll be paying off my loan really early as well. Worse company I’ve ever dealt with
Agreed. Hope you don’t need your title. Mine is 60 days. The supervisor I talked with today said that he takes calls like mine all day long - including a guy that’s been waiting 150+ days for his title.

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Agreed. Hope you don’t need your title. Mine is 60 days. The supervisor I talked with today said that he takes calls like mine all day long - including a guy that’s been waiting 150+ days for his title.
150 days on a title, they would not be taking a call from me, it would be an attorney

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do what I did for a car title, many years ago, from an out of state bank. I filed small claims court for $5,000 because I couldn't close on my new vehicle without getting all the funds from my old one to a private party. I then called the bank and emailed them a copy of it, since it would take a few days for them to get the original. Told them I am not dropping it now since they have cost me money. Title showed up next day FedEx, with a $300 check for my trouble, a sorry letter and a document that I needed to sign and send back acknowledging everything has been satisfied and I would be withdrawing suit.

Either way win, win.

JetBoatingUpstateNY

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I too had massive issues with Yamaha Financial. I waited 60 days for the prior owner of my boat to get the lien releases from them so I could take full ownership.

The local dealer here had to step in and handle it for us. They said specifically to call the number on the back of your bill. I guess there's more than one number from different lenders so make sure you do this. Demand to speak to a manager in the lien department. Do not accept no for an answer if they try to send you elsewhere. Stay on the line and demand that you get your lien release(s) overnighted to you. It will take a couple hours of screwing around with them on the phone.

Of course after we registered at NYS DMV with both titles and lien releases present they sent me my new boat title a couple weeks later with the prior owner's lienholder still listed. Thanks NY, will have to fix this somehow.

I know this has been beat to death but the best rates come from local credit unions in my experience. We asked the local dealer here for their recommendation and got 4.24 for 10 years with 0% down. I paid the 8.75% sales tax at the DMV in cash, woof.