• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Boat Loans Sold From Synchrony to Yamaha Motor Finance

David D

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
My title finally came through after about 30 phone calls and 20 hours on the phone - not to mention countless promises that it would be “any day now”.

Just wanted to close the loop on this thread.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I got my title in 3 days after paying off my loan. I found a phone number for the Yamaha title department and I requested my title, he submitted the request on 26th and I had it on the 29th.

David D

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I got my title in 3 days after paying off my loan. I found a phone number for the Yamaha title department and I requested my title, he submitted the request on 26th and I had it on the 29th.
Was your loan written after the transition? Just curious what the difference is. Apparently the loans from Synchrony are the problem.

obrien19

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So is anyone else having trouble with Yamaha Motor Finance, applying extra payments to their loan principal? I've been paying an extra $50 a month on my automatic payments, and they are automatically putting it towards next payment. They state right on their statements the following.

"Unless you advise otherwise, any amount remaining from any payment by you (after payment of past due and currently due fees, interest and principal) will be applied to your next scheduled payment until such next scheduled payment is satisfied in full; thereafter, any remaining amount will be applied as a principal reduction on your account"

I have called, and have sent emails, and both times, I have been told there is nothing they can do. Anyone else have any luck getting extra payments applied to principal?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So is anyone else having trouble with Yamaha Motor Finance, applying extra payments to their loan principal? I've been paying an extra $50 a month on my automatic payments, and they are automatically putting it towards next payment. They state right on their statements the following.

"Unless you advise otherwise, any amount remaining from any payment by you (after payment of past due and currently due fees, interest and principal) will be applied to your next scheduled payment until such next scheduled payment is satisfied in full; thereafter, any remaining amount will be applied as a principal reduction on your account"

I have called, and have sent emails, and both times, I have been told there is nothing they can do. Anyone else have any luck getting extra payments applied to principal?
After reading that. I would toss the $50/mo into a savings account, then pay 2-3 GIANT payments a year towards principal.

Or just refi to a local credit union.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Update........

Anyone else login to make this months payment and see they have finally redesigned the payment portal? Looks MUCH better. No idea if the back end has changed to be any more secure, but the site looks far more professional than it has for the last year or so since Yamaha took the financing back over. Hopefully this is an outward facing indicator of them getting their overall stuff together on this mess.

Any thoughts?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Another update.

Logged in to make Decembers payment this morning and was greeted with this. Nice to know our online payments aren't secure. Fun Times.

1637241492814.png <--click to make bigger

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Another update.

Logged in to make Decembers payment this morning and was greeted with this. Nice to know our online payments aren't secure. Fun Times.

View attachment 167315 <--click to make bigger
Geez these folks are amateurs or simply DGAF. Either way not good.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Geez these folks are amateurs or simply DGAF. Either way not good.
I'm leaning towards a combination of both.

Another update this morning.......Stupid effing Yamaha Finance.......

The login link has changed.

You now have to go to : https://yamaha.acct-admin.com/

The 1st associates link has been removed with no redirect. Took 10min to fumble my way through all the available links to find my way back to the page to make a payment online. What a PIA!

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ugh it's that time of the month again! Pay Up!

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I only plan on keeping my boat for about 5 years. I took the offer of 0 down and 5.99% over 15 years. I paid $60k for my boat and if I keep the loan, I will end up paying over $130k. That's not happening. Just recently retired and waiting for this tax year to be over and will pay the boat off. Yamaha Finance is the worse finance co. I have ever dealt with. I recommend getting your loan through a credit union.