• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Boat Loans Sold From Synchrony to Yamaha Motor Finance

BlackandTan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Got the letter from Yamaha Financial and couldn't log in trying the methods that were in the letter, turns out they had the last digit of my account number on the original letter. I was on hold for two hours, but they were very helpful, and apologized for the wait. Funny thing is that the automated phone system said my wait would be 10 minutes! Fortunately I had plenty to do while i listened to their horrible hold music! Got a letter the next day with the corrected account number:)

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes sir- tried it. No bueno.
YM-Account# <-----that account number has to be the one from Synchrony, NOT the one from Yamaha. If you tried that already, then I got nothing.

sananvet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Seriously I think with their most recent history they probably have my social wrong. Ive emailed them and will wait for a response

PeterB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just logged into my account and it seems to be corrected - shows the lower payment amount and no longer shows any past due.
Hopefully this will all be sorted for everyone soon,

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Seriously I think with their most recent history they probably have my social wrong. Ive emailed them and will wait for a response
Best of luck!

Just checked my Yamaha Financial account online.......Appears to be ~90% correct.
Next Payment due date is correct
Next Payment amount is correct
Interest rate is correct
Principle amount is correct
Personal infomation and email address is correct
14Jan20 PDF Statement is still incorrect (shows overdue amount)

Going to make my payment online on Friday, and see how that works out. With any luck the drama is over for me. Hope everyone else gets some resolution soon!

Adubbs76

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I just logged in my info is now correct. I don't know why they could not have waited a few days to make sure everything was correct before they went out and started demanding payments that were not due.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just logged in, payment amount and rate is corrected. but i dont like that extra payments are not going to interest. It shows my next payment of only 175 bucks isnt due till April 15th

BlackandTan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
By paying ahead, you're paying down the principal balance, which the interest is calculated on. If you keep making payments every month and pay more than your monthly payment, you'll pay off your loan faster, and will pay much less interest.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just logged in, payment amount and rate is corrected. but i dont like that extra payments are not going to interest. It shows my next payment of only 175 bucks isnt due till April 15th
Some loans do a goofy thing where if you pay ahead, they reduce the required payment for next time and/or extend the time until a payment is due. This encourages you to skip one so that they get more interest. Just keep making your regular payment (or more) at the regular time and you'll be ahead. (I haven't actually had a "due" amount on my loan in years. I make the payment anyway.)

Word to the wise when taking out a loan though: ALWAYS verify they don't have a pre-payment penalty. Some places do that to make up for lost interest.

They try to get you coming and going.

Lovewater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Other
I've tried every variation of YM, ym, followed by account number and last 6 of social as password-still no luck logging in. Tried registering as a new account with name and social and received an alert that they have no record of my information. I suspect they have my social wrong. What a cluster! Guess I'll have to find time to endure the on-hold.
Hello, I called another number that I found online #866-719-3902 and they told me to try YM-12 and the rest of my account number that I had with Synchrony and it worked.

Yamaexr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I got a treating letter telling me they will be repo’ing my ski’s if I don’t correct the error. Spent a week calling over 2.5 hours on hold every time I call only to be disconnected, last times I tried number just ended in busy tone. I contacted my lawyer as I don’t like threats for my credit and or my property. Finally got an email explaining this was all an error... this has stressed out so many people! My lawyer advised me to tell Yamaha they can write off a payment for February as this was a nightmare created by them. I’m currently waiting on confirmation from a Yamaha manager if they will be doing this or not. Worth a shot for wasting my time trying to figure out their error and how poorly this was handled... Imo it’s ridiculous that a company can’t handle this correctly...

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok this is getting beyond ridiculous, i just logged in again and it says i still owe a partial payment for January with the wrong total amount, a NFS fee for 39.99, a payment due in February for the correct amount, no payment due for March, and a payment due for April for the wrong amount again with a partial balance. Tell me this doesn't make any sense. 2 days ago it was correct. I am beyond livid.
1580341055777999123886506981035.jpg

Maccam26

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok this is getting beyond ridiculous, i just logged in again and it says i still owe a partial payment for January with the wrong total amount, a NFS fee for 39.99, a payment due in February for the correct amount, no payment due for March, and a payment due for April for the wrong amount again with a partial balance. Tell me this doesn't make any sense. 2 days ago it was correct. I am beyond livid.
Sorry , I had the same experience when trying to pay from a credit union. I tried again from BOA account and now the money cam out of my account. I’ll be calling in a month or so when things calm down to get credit back for the NSF Fee and Late Fee for sure. Now that I know the NSF is probably their fault too

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good grief. @Neutron that looks like a mess. Hope they sort that out for you quickly and accurately.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just got off the phone with some moron after a 1.5 hour hold. He said you still owe for January and its overdue. I said i have proof of paying $828 directly to your site and i have a payment to synchrony on January 17th. .
I said how can i owe for January when i dont owe for march and only owe less than 3 bucks for February. This idiot could understand what that screen was showing. He insisted i owed. Now i have to email proof of payment. Can you imagine they took the money. WTF i can be patient but this is just not right. It was fine just 2 freaking days ago.

Now i gotta do the leg work for them...

If my stellar credit goes down even 1 point cause of this i will be beyond pissed

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you want to inflict pain back and make your disappointment understood, be sure to file formal complaint with all relevant agencies. I work at a bank and I know these formal complaints are highly scrutinized. I can only imagine that something massive and indefensible like this would make the regulators salivate over remedies to impose. (And rightfully so, this is a nightmare, and no proactive action being taken to clean/scrub after several indications that they have made a mess.)

Best of Luck!

Maccam26

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If they are listening, they really need to do more than apologize with this one. Apologizing is great but some form of compensation is going to be the only way to get respect back from customers impacted

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I could care less about compensation, i just want this fixed and back to normal. Who knows at this point what my true balance is

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Well I want to thank everyone that called in and made the effort. I didn't have to do a single thing and everything was corrected before my next payment was due. I don't think I am entitled to anything because of that, but hey if they want to comp a month - I am all in lol.