• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha boat ordering process question

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I joined the forum recently. I was not able to find anything specific to this so I will ask.

I am planning on buying a new 210 FSH Sport at a local boat show in a few weeks. When it comes to vehicles, toys or any big purchases I always get a pre-approved loan and have a clear mind on what I want prior to purchase day . Having said that, I have never ordered a new boat before. What kind of timeframes should I expect for delivery of a Yamaha boat? Taking a look at local availability I am almost certain I will have negotiate a 2020 to get exactly what I want.

I am trying to figure out the timing of loan applications, etc.

Any experiences to share?

Thank you

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I joined the forum recently. I was not able to find anything specific to this so I will ask.

I am planning on buying a new 210 FSH Sport at a local boat show in a few weeks. When it comes to vehicles, toys or any big purchases I always get a pre-approved loan and have a clear mind on what I want prior to purchase day . Having said that, I have never ordered a new boat before. What kind of timeframes should I expect for delivery of a Yamaha boat? Taking a look at local availability I am almost certain I will have negotiate a 2020 to get exactly what I want.

I am trying to figure out the timing of loan applications, etc.

Any experiences to share?

Thank you
I’m curious what you’re looking to negotiate? Pretty much the only thing on the boat you get to choose is the trim package and color. If you’re willing to travel a bit, you can likely find what you want in stock.

The ‘20’s are being announced later this week. I’m not sure when they actually become available for purchase. There are a couple folks here related to dealers that could weigh in on that.

Other things to negotiate would be travel cover, fenders, life jackets, waive setup fees, free service, installation of stuff (electronics, battery charger, etc) all in lieu of lowering the price tag.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Thank you for your reply and the info. I will most likely buy local taking long term service into consideration, I also see a lot of positive feedback on local dealers. You are right, I am also aware of the release this month.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thank you for your reply and the info. I will most likely buy local taking long term service into consideration, I also see a lot of positive feedback on local dealers. You are right, I am also aware of the release this month.
Sounds good!! Welcome to the forum, and good luck with your purchasing process!

I actually started the process at our local boat show in Feb, closed at the end of Mar and had the boat by mid April. We couldn’t close sooner, because the dealer didn’t want to close until he had the boat. So, he ordered it after the show and had it in stock within 4 weeks or so.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Not sure where you are located, but I got about $5,000 off a 2018 last year buying after Labor Day. Usually up north here you’ll start to see better deals at that point in the season.

Silvershibe

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Bought my one-season used 2018 this week private-party. Got a great deal compared to the new quotes I was getting on 2019s. On new, I was getting miserable quotes around $1,500 off MSRP, plus fees. I ended up sub $40K on the used, and It comes with a Solix 12 system, upgraded lighting, Minn Kota Riptide Terrova 112 connected to the Solix, and all the safety package stuff. I think buying a year old ended up putting me WAY ahead.