• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Cover alternative

shnknapp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
So I'm going on 6 weeks of of waiting for my Yamaha cover to arrive and have started to get tired of the process of putting on the shipping cover every time I am done for the day. Am also worried if the constant raising and lowering of the tower will result in some premature component wear. With that being said, I started looking online for alternatives and realized that there aren't many options for covers that will accommodate a tower. Finally came across this cover on Amazon. Same company makes the Duck Cover patio furniture covers that we have had for 4 years so I figured I would give it a shot. I figure it won't fit as well as the Yamaha cover but it's worth a shot and the nice thing with Amazon is I can always initiate a return and just drop it off at Kohls or Whole Foods.

Will update once the cover arrives...unless my Yamaha cover arrives first!

Last edited:

shnknapp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
Follow up on original post. I finally unboxed the cover I got from Amazon and it’s a pretty solid alternative. Don’t get me wrong, I would not substitute for the factory cover but I’m comfortable using this instead of folding the tower every time so I can put the shipping cover on. Did have a storm and some water did get in around the tower but nothing crazy. As far as towing, I would feel fine towing a short distance but wouldn’t take any road trips. AAD567E1-9760-4619-B5BA-092A2C46730A.jpeg78E928EE-40B0-4CD8-91B1-2A336C7F5875.jpegF3FB6C60-2809-46D4-A736-317B54F163BF.jpegF7756F57-CC42-46DD-BB16-DC9A477C4523.jpeg
FYI, this picture was taken before I realized I forgot to mount the anti-pooling polls.

Tjw961

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That looks pretty good. I tried once getting a non Yamaha one for my boat after talking with customer service being assured that it would fit/work. Tried putting it on and the openings for the tower were in the wrong place and ended up returning it. I got lucky and didn't get charged the return fee though since they assured me that it would fit and I had chat/email to back it up. Glad you found something that works for yours!

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@shnknapp good alternative For cover.
Why is the gap between bow and roller? If you had to suddenly slam on the breaks, the boat will slam the trailer bow mount possibly causing damage. It’s best to keep the boat snug up to the roller to prevent undesired movement. Also, your rear buckles will become loose if the boat slid forward creating allowing for more movement.

shnknapp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
@shnknapp good alternative For cover.
Why is the gap between bow and roller? If you had to suddenly slam on the breaks, the boat will slam the trailer bow mount possibly causing damage. It’s best to keep the boat snug up to the roller to prevent undesired movement. Also, your rear buckles will become loose if the boat slid forward creating allowing for more movement.
I had just put the new bow roller on and had not snugged it up yet.