• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha covered impeller re-pitching

ilangtry

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not sure if this has been discussed before, but I learned today (from calling Yamaha corporate) that Yamaha will cover the expense to have your impellers removed, shipped, re-pitched and reinstalled.

As they base the impellers at sea-level and don’t know where buyers will boating, they offer this ‘free’ (one-time) service to get the boat dialed-in for its owner. There is also no expiration on this service, as it’s linked to your VIN (not date of purchase). Dealer just needs to contact Yamaha Tech Support for authorization.

Just thought I’d pass this on, especially for those at high elevations (like me).

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't think we've ever heard anyone mention this, Have you asked your dealer about it?

@Williamsone46 have you run into this before?

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
You'll have to contact a dealer. I'd suggest contacting at high elevation, UT, CO, ID.....etc.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You'll have to contact a dealer. I'd suggest contacting at high elevation, UT, CO, ID.....etc.
Someone somewhere told me that South Valley Motorsports (UT) sells their boats with impellers pitched for the higher elevation here. Is this true? I've never asked...

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Someone somewhere told me that South Valley Motorsports (UT) sells their boats with impellers pitched for the higher elevation here. Is this true? I've never asked...
No not normally, maybe in certain cases. But I believe that they stock high elevation impellers (6CW) for customers.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

W3bexec

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm in CO and just bought my boat in May. The high altitude impeller swap was free but I had to wait a couple weeks since they were out. After the swap I asked if I could have the originals and was told no, that they send out the originals to get re-pitched. Kind of a roll forward thing.