• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha FSH 210 capacity

JetboatNewb

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
All,

I’m looking at buying a 2019 Yamaha FSH 210 deluxe. I figure 4-5 will be the max for comfortable fishing in the boat. Is this about right? I’m really more concerned with being able to bring another family of 4 with my family of 4 when we use it for towing tubes. I know it’s rated for 10 but I haven’t seen a bunch of people on the boat so I’m not sure. Is this boat too small or does it have enough power for this?

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Power is not a problem on it. It is very stable and at 45 I want more power to go faster ,but it gets there fine loaded up pretty well. To 38 anyway when it is full. Some speed change with where the weight is located on the boat.

Kahuna Khris

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
All,

I’m looking at buying a 2019 Yamaha FSH 210 deluxe. I figure 4-5 will be the max for comfortable fishing in the boat. Is this about right? I’m really more concerned with being able to bring another family of 4 with my family of 4 when we use it for towing tubes. I know it’s rated for 10 but I haven’t seen a bunch of people on the boat so I’m not sure. Is this boat too small or does it have enough power for this?
I find these boats underpowered. My 190 is rated for 8 people but I was not even close to getting on plane with 5 adults. Lack of power is my biggest disappointment with the boat and it cant be repowered like outboards. All those people and dragging a tube.....NOT happening. A sea trial is the only true test but make sure they put in a descent amount of fuel as that makes a huge difference.

Elliott

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My heaviest load tubing was 4 adults and 2 mid-teens. The FSH 190 was slow to accelerate and plane, but it did the job. It was important to keep some of the passengers in the front to better distribute the weight. For me, a load of up to 3 people with full fuel performs very well; it works out that my family consists of 3.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I've had 4 on the boat and 2-3 on the tube with no problem on the 190. Does slow down in the turns under that load.. And I agree a bit more power would be nice.

Ron Zimmerman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
As for fishing. Had 6 men on my boat last week. All fished comfortable. Lack of a motor on the transom coupled with the ability to fish all around the tub rail made for a great day of trout fishing. Powered up a moving lake/river perfectly well. Used my trim tabs to get on plane.

wahoowah

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Took out 5 adults and 4 kids bay fishing in a 210 Sport two weeks ago with no issues. Boat planed just fine and there was plenty of room for fishing. Not sure about the single engine 190s though

Akagi1955

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Power is not a problem on it. It is very stable and at 45 I want more power to go faster ,but it gets there fine loaded up pretty well. To 38 anyway when it is full. Some speed change with where the weight is located on the boat.
My 2019 FSH 210 Sport will run in the 36-38 MPH range with 6-8 adults and 50% fuel. Getting on plane is no problem... it will throw you back into your seat even fully loaded. Performs exceedingly well out of the hole. I am getting into the low 40’s with 2 - 3 adults and 50% fuel. A bit less than I had hoped for but I did not buy it for speed. I have about 10 hours on the boat.

FrankCul

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Does anyone know if the 210 fits in a standard 7’ garage?

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I know my sport with the t-top won’t
I believe the others will, you may have to pop the windshield off which is just a few twist things. It depends whether the seat backrest catch’s. I believe someone used to have to take theirs off to get it in the garage.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The 21 also has a stainless steel grab rail around the windshield so that would have to come off as well. However even taking those items off in still not sure it will clear. My 19 will just barely fit and I think the 21 is a bit taller.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I don’t have a grab rail around my windshield and I just looked on the Yamaha website and did not see see one on the new boat either

wahoowah

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If you take the T-top off (if you have a model with one), height shouldn't be a problem. For me it was length. On the trailer, even with the front part folded back, it's several feet too long for my garage.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I find these boats underpowered. My 190 is rated for 8 people but I was not even close to getting on plane with 5 adults. Lack of power is my biggest disappointment with the boat and it cant be repowered like outboards. All those people and dragging a tube.....NOT happening. A sea trial is the only true test but make sure they put in a descent amount of fuel as that makes a huge difference.
Get an L13 Cone and seal the pump intake. I can tube and ski just fine with my AR190. Same engine, pump, and hull as yours. Obviously different layout though. Doesn't give you any more traction, but pump efficiency is greatly improved.

Either way 8 souls on a 19ft is getting tight.

To answer OP's question. I'm not sure, but do you have 8 places for people to sit on a 21 FSH?....Just checked the website.....I could see 8 cushions on there. 4 people in bow, 2 at helm and one in each rear jumpseat maybe?!?! I think you'll have the power, the seating and standing room will be the "tightness" IMO.

Side Note.......Yamaha picked quite the crew of good looking ladies to model on the 21FSH for the website. I suspect that "configuration" will likely not be seen in the wild very often.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I’ve had 10 on mine. 6 adults and 4 kids. Was tight but doable. 3 in front, 2 kids on the console seat. 1 in each jump seat and two at the helm. None of us were as “well built” as the models they had on theirs though....

Silvershibe

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I can't really picture more than 3-4 people with poles trying to fish on my 210, but I'm sure it could handle more in a pinch. I just like to spread out, so I got the 210 mostly for solo or 2 person fishing.

bolivas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I can't really picture more than 3-4 people with poles trying to fish on my 210, but I'm sure it could handle more in a pinch. I just like to spread out, so I got the 210 mostly for solo or 2 person fishing.
Agreed. 3 can fish comfortably. 4 would really narrow fishable real estate, but can be done if "needed". Other people on board would just be passengers taking up room..... and would be better off staying on shore..... Unless she has been designated as the bikini wearing beer wench :winkingthumbsup"🍺