• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha gang plank

Trm1765

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
If anyone has considered the gang plank I highly recomend... the kids play for hours and adults have fun too.. well built, easy to store and you can add as many together as you want. IMG_20140827_145557_014.jpg IMG_20140726_164942_310.jpg

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I have one as well and it is great for the kids, the dog, and I occasionally get to enjoy it. Highly recommend it, but caution anyone letting the kids jump onto it from the boat. I had one of the rope rings tear. I think it would have been alright had it not have been tied securely to the boat.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm interested and could use something like this when we go camping. What's it cost? Also is it foam or inflatable? In the pics It looks big enough to take up the whole floor locker space.

Trm1765

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
It is inflatable. When deflated it easily fits under my front seat. I paid 187 straight from the Yamaha dealer. Next year I plan on getting a second one to add to it. Everybody loves it.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It's now on my list of upgrades for next season. Thanks for the raising this, I guess. It's always nice to have friends help spend your money.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
How does this compare to the foam mats? I think my kids would love something like this, but it would be a little bit of a pain to carry out in the boat with all the other gear we fit in. Something else would probably have to be left behind.

Trm1765

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Those E="jetboater4life, post: 56147, member: 91"]How does this compare to the foam mats? I think my kids would love something like this, but it would be a little bit of a pain to carry out in the boat with all the other gear we fit in. Something else would probably have to be left behind.[/QUOTE]
Those foam mats are very nice..but expensive and bulky...I have a D/C air pump and inflate it out on the lake in 5 minutes.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I was reading the reviews and they say a small cigarette lighter outlet DC inflater does not give enough pressure to properly inflate it for an adult can walk on it.

Kane Martin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have a small DC inflator pump. It states high pressure.

I am 6'3" 230lbs. It holds me, my little girl, and son all at the same time just fine. Thats just about 300lbs total.

Does water get on the mat? yes

But I didn't buy this to stay dry! It for extended play area around the boat when anchored. Something for the adults to lounge on and the kids to bounce on

And I have to say its doing a great job!

I can lay in the middle of the pad, face down and not drink water!

Its a pretty heavy material but it folds up and I store it in my ski locker with no problems.

My one and only complaint is that the tie downs are on opposite corners. But we just tie to the rear cleat of the boat and let it be.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
This will be on my Xmas list for next season.
As for inflating, I have an airhead inflator connected directly to my batteries - much more powerful than the cig lighter versions.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
An adult isn't likely going to stand on a single mat, no matter how tight the inflation. If you hook several together, you have greater odds of doing it. I have done it, but it is like balancing on a teeter totter board. Now if you tie it between two boats so it can't slide out from under you, it helps a bunch. But it is a lounge more than a jumping pad. Kids have no problem standing on it. I saw a couple of beverage challenged guys trying to run across it, that was hilarious! But also a good way to tear the rings off of it. The Wow, Airhead, and the Yamaha are the same manufacture for different suppliers IMO, and priced accordingly. The Wow is ugly IMO, but certainly cheap enough to not care, if you can get a Yammi Dealer to let you buy from them discounted, it will be equivalent...good luck on that!

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
20150816_153735.jpg We are loving our gang plank. A buddy has two of them so it made for quite the floating island.