• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Jet Boat Questions

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@traderfjp Sounds like you have a good plan. A lot of information on this forum, its members are awesome. Everything I know and have learned have come through this forum and trial and error for the most part.

For bumpers, I switched all mine out to Mission Fenders. Which I prefer hands down. Some members aren't a big fan and others are. I like them a lot and they store nicely in my anchor locker.

Mission Sentry Boat Fenders | Wholesale Marine

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
@traderfjp Sounds familiar. I have a whole wish list on Amazon and a spread sheet with must haves and maybes depending on need. It includes Mfg. number where to purchase and price.
I do think that dealers are taking advantage of the pandemic/supply. My invoice includes $1550 for freight and $999 for dealer prep/rigging fee.

@HangOutdoors I read several post including yours recommending replacing the roller. Do yo know the right size for a 2021195S? Will the dealer install at delivery. If not how do you push boat back on the bunks? Or lift the boat with a jack?

Last edited:

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@kgower I cannot verify the exact size for your boat, but I am sure another member can chime in.

You should let the dealer know they need to install this for you at no charge, should take 5 minutes at the most. If not, you may be able to lift the boat enough to slide roller in there after taking tension off. If not, the easiest way to do it, thanks to another member, is to take some wood blocks and then possibly a throw cushion (Square Life Preserver), just put it under the keel under the boat and then release the bow and lower the trailer a couple inches or so with the tongue jack. This will put the boat to rest on the cushion and wood blocks, etc., effectively raising up the bow. Very easy. Jacking up the bow, the jack could slip and is much more wobblily. At least that is my suggestion.

traderfjp

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
@traderfjp Sounds familiar. I have a whole wish list on Amazon and a spread sheet with must haves and maybes depending on need. It includes Mfg. number where to purchase and price.
I do think that dealers are taking advantage of the pandemic/supply. My invoice includes $1550 for freight and $999 for dealer prep/rigging fee.

@HangOutdoors I read several post including yours recommending replacing the roller. Do yo know the right size for a 2021195S? Will the dealer install at delivery. If not how do you push boat back on the bunks? Or lift the boat with a jack?
Dealers know that inventory is scarce so they are marking up prices. I've read that destination and dealer prep fees are pretty standard but I also have read of users getting last year's pricing and no destination charges before the pandemic hit. I guess it's a sellers market right now. I actually found an AR190 close to home but we wanted the 2nd chair so we will travel to get the 195. The funny thing is that the 195 was less money. I'm paying 42500 plus 3% tax. It comes with a starter kit and Yamaha mooring cover. In today's market - I got a fair deal but nothing to write home about. If it was a normal year I would have traveled to a boat show but they are all cancelled. Anyway, I'm very lucky to be getting my boat so I can't complain. Good luck with your boat.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Dealers know that inventory is scarce so they are marking up prices. I've read that destination and dealer prep fees are pretty standard but I also have read of users getting last year's pricing and no destination charges before the pandemic hit. I guess it's a sellers market right now. I actually found an AR190 close to home but we wanted the 2nd chair so we will travel to get the 195. The funny thing is that the 195 was less money. I'm paying 42500 plus 3% tax. It comes with a starter kit and Yamaha mooring cover. In today's market - I got a fair deal but nothing to write home about. If it was a normal year I would have traveled to a boat show but they are all cancelled. Anyway, I'm very lucky to be getting my boat so I can't complain. Good luck with your boat.
Our price is $41,399 includes starter kit and galvanized trailer. OTD $45,500 with dealer fees, registration, taxes et cetera.

Last edited:

traderfjp

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I need to find out the height from the ground to the top of the 2" ball for towing. I can make sure I have the right drop on my hitch so my boat is level and I have no issues. Picking up my 2021 195S next week. It's a shoreland'r trailer. Thanks Also does anyone know what connection is used on that trailer for lights? I have a GMC Canyon that has two sockets.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I need to find out the height from the ground to the top of the 2" ball for towing. I can make sure I have the right drop on my hitch so my boat is level and I have no issues. Picking up my 2021 195S next week. It's a shoreland'r trailer. Thanks Also does anyone know what connection is used on that trailer for lights? I have a GMC Canyon that has two sockets.
Not sure about the trailer wiring connection. I think the trailers with brakes have a 5-pin connector. My trailer WITHOUT brakes has a standard 4-pin connector.

My truck runs 16.5in from ground to top of ball on my 2017 AR190. Yours should be similar. Mine sags ~1-1.5in with tongue weight on it (2015 GMC Sierra). I can measure my trailer in the garage for level when I get home if you want, but I'm 99% certain that 16.5in measurement is it.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I need to find out the height from the ground to the top of the 2" ball for towing.
@traderfjp As @2kwik4u said, 16-18" is typical. To get it perfectly level, you need to account for the suspension sag with the boat loaded. Mine rides level at 17" but it's more important with a tandem trailer to load all 4 wheels equally. With a single axle trailer it doesn't have to be perfect, but it rides and tows better when it's level. This is something you can check and adjust after you get it home and set up with gear and fuel in the boat. Measure to the top of the 2" hitch receiver tube on the Canyon and then maybe you can borrow a 2/4/6 inch drop/rise tow bar to get it home. Fine tune it later in the driveway.

You can also just call the dealer to ask them to measure the ball height for you.
Thanks Also does anyone know what connection is used on that trailer for lights? I have a GMC Canyon that has two sockets.
I believe Shorelander went with 7-pin "RV" style connector a couple of years ago on all of their trailers. Your Canyon likely has the standard 7-pin and 4-pin sockets so you should be good to go without an adapter.

traderfjp

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I just measured to the top of my hitch ball and I got 16" I will ask the dealer the ball height when they open. They are closed until January 4th so I'm trying to get a jump start on getting things ready. I have a 4" drop on my hitch. I could get a receiver with a 2" drop and use the 4" drop on the clamp on receiver I bought for my tractor bucket. I don't have a lot of room to maneuver my truck while backing in the boat to the garage. My best course of action, I believe, is to push the trailer in with my tractor. My visibility will be increased and I can move the trailer around better, from what I saw on videos, using the tractor. I read that the trailer has a 5 pin connector but that was for an older trailer so I bought an 10.00 adapter that fits in the 7 pin socket and converts the socket to either a 4 pin or 5 pin. It's good to have anyway. Thanks again.

traderfjp

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Not sure about the trailer wiring connection. I think the trailers with brakes have a 5-pin connector. My trailer WITHOUT brakes has a standard 4-pin connector.

My truck runs 16.5in from ground to top of ball on my 2017 AR190. Yours should be similar. Mine sags ~1-1.5in with tongue weight on it (2015 GMC Sierra). I can measure my trailer in the garage for level when I get home if you want, but I'm 99% certain that 16.5in measurement is it.
Thanks for taking the time to post. I'll let you know what the deal says.

kevalbanya

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for taking the time to post. I'll let you know what the deal says.
Congratulations for the new boat 😊Did you pick up your boat already? I am going to pick up my AR190 and I have the same questions. Can you do me a favor with my questions?

#1 The height from the ground to the top of the 2" ball for towing

#2 How did you handle the wire connections? It looks like my odyssey comes with the 4 pin flat connection and I need to convert it to the 7 pin round connector. How did it work for you?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations for the new boat 😊Did you pick up your boat already? I am going to pick up my AR190 and I have the same questions. Can you do me a favor with my questions?

#1 The height from the ground to the top of the 2" ball for towing

#2 How did you handle the wire connections? It looks like my odyssey comes with the 4 pin flat connection and I need to convert it to the 7 pin round connector. How did it work for you?
4-pin is all I use on my '17 AR190. If your trailer doesn't have brakes, then it will have a 4-pin as well.

kevalbanya

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
4-pin is all I use on my '17 AR190. If your trailer doesn't have brakes, then it will have a 4-pin as well.
Thanks a lot. Pretty sure all the new trailers from 2021 boats have brakes now. My odyssey comes with the 4 pin flat connection and I need to convert it to the 7 pin round connector. Just trying to find out how the conversion works

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Surge brakes have been standard on boat trailers for years. All auto parts stores should stock 4 to 7 pin adapters. My SUV had just a 4-pin from the factory but I rewired it with a new 7-pin and bracket. If you can't or don't want to wire for the reverse lock out pin (I didn't), you can buy magnetic lockout pins from Amazon and they work great - just remember to remove them when you drive away or you won't have trailer brakes.
:winkingthumbsup"

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
4 pin to 7 pin adapter will work fine, but only when driving forwards. Your connector won't be wired for reverse lights, so will need to disable the surge brakes manually when reversing.

Most auto shops should be able to wire in a 7 pin connector (with reverse light wiring) in under an hour.

Meach

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had a 2017 Ar190 we loved the tower not just for pulling it was also something solid to grab on to when moving around the boat. Regarding the bench seat yes a captains chair is more comfortable but the bench really gives you more room to move around and a great place to store two coolers see pic. Just my 2cents.View attachment 138869
I agree. We're mid 60s like something to hold onto. Love the seating I have 2 captains chairs would love that seating. Finally ice chest storage.