• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Jet boat service in Michigan???

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
With Jetboaters.net by your side the best place is your driveway. We can help you through anything. What is your concern?

KevJul2019

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The noise my engine is making at idle. New to jet boating and want to make sure my boat is running normal.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Can you post a video of it? Is it supercharged? Yamahas normally have a clanging sound when idled out of the water.

KevJul2019

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It’s is happening in the water. I did just plug a spark plug and it was black.

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Michigan is a big place. If you’re in SE Michigan then Wonderland Marine should be able to solve any problem. Of course they charge typical labor rates and things can get expensive quickly.

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
There are many experts here but I’m not one of them. Hopefully they will chime in.
It does sound “rattley.” But hard to tell. I think mine probably sounds similar.

If it was me I’d check fluids and see how it behaves on the water. Does it get to expected RPMs and speeds?

Dietzen34

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Hard to tell from a video but sounds normal to me.

2MinutesForHooking

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm also in SE Michigan, looking for end of season Oil Change and WInterization. I know of Wonderland Marine, but is there anywhere else that will take care of Yamaha jet boats? I have a FSH 190 Sport

WestMIJet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I think Grand Pointe Marina handles Yamaha boats.

addisonm06

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I am in Chesterfield. I have gone to K&W Cycle a few times in Shelby. Perry is the Service Manager, hes knows his stuff! Excellent experiences each time i have needed help from there!

2MinutesForHooking

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I am in Chesterfield. I have gone to K&W Cycle a few times in Shelby. Perry is the Service Manager, hes knows his stuff! Excellent experiences each time i have needed help from there!
Have you gone there for your boat? I left a voicemail but just curious based off looking at their website

addisonm06

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Have you gone there for your boat? I left a voicemail but just curious based off looking at their website
Yes i have been there a few times. There is not too many in the area that will touch Yamaha Jet Boats. They seemed to have a lot of experience and knowledge. I cannot speak on their winterization and routine maintenance processes, but i assume that can easily be handled.

2MinutesForHooking

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yes i have been there a few times. There is not too many in the area that will touch Yamaha Jet Boats. They seemed to have a lot of experience and knowledge. I cannot speak on their winterization and routine maintenance processes, but i assume that can easily be handled.
Thanks for the info, I called and left a voicemail on Friday, but I’ll try them again this week. I’m finding that out as I call around, and not many shops have any recommendations on who to call