• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha makes Florida Keys TV commercial

prorider17

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm interested on how to navigate the waters around Islamorada. Heard it can go from deep to shallow really fast! Anyone have advice?

bucks448

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm interested on how to navigate the waters around Islamorada. Heard it can go from deep to shallow really fast! Anyone have advice?
Don't slow down!

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Excellent find. Many thanks for sharing @! :winkingthumbsup"
Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Probably supplied by Riva Key Largo. They are an excellent Yamaha Dealer.

SoFla David

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My advice would be:
1) know the area you are boating in.
2) invest in GPS / Chartplotter.

I boat in the keys regularly. If you know where the flats are ahead of time, and have a plan for getting from point A to point B because you stiudied the charts ahead of time, you will love it. The keys are by far, my favorite place to go boating, but if you go out there not knowing the waters and try to figure it out while on the water, you will be a nervous wreck and not enjoy your day.

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I went to key largo once.... it was a shit hole.

SoFla David

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I went to key largo once.... it was a shit hole.
That was your first mistake.... LOL

Key Largo is the "Entrance to the keys". That is like going to Disney and spending the whole day at the souvenir shops in the parking lot, but never actually going into the parks.

Islamorada, and areas south of that are beautiful, and a wonderful place to vacation. Even Key Largo has a couple of nice places, but you have to have some local knowledge (or do some research) to know where they are.

I'm also going to assume you didn't take a boat, because the waters and reefs around all of the keys (including key Largo) are beautiful.

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
That was your first mistake.... LOL

Key Largo is the "Entrance to the keys". That is like going to Disney and spending the whole day at the souvenir shops in the parking lot, but never actually going into the parks.

Islamorada, and areas south of that are beautiful, and a wonderful place to vacation. Even Key Largo has a couple of nice places, but you have to have some local knowledge (or do some research) to know where they are.

I'm also going to assume you didn't take a boat, because the waters and reefs around all of the keys (including key Largo) are beautiful.
Ha yeah, it was years ago. I rented a car and drove down there because the Beach Boys put in their Kokamo song :)

I didnt spend more than 20 mins there, mostly because i was afraid for my safety. haha

I'll take the boat next time!