• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Sales event “Perfect Choice”

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lake Michigan Credit Union will give me sub 6 but I do carry my house and other things with them as well. They are relationship heavy. Christian Financial is another one, but there rates go up and down 1% or more depending on how their portfolio looks. During the boat shows they were offering 5.49%. Not sure they are doing it anymore.

Last edited:

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Another one is MSGCU, Their rates went up recently, but drop and become the best around come May/June, but they will go above the purchase prices of the boat for additional addons, or to include boat docks, etc. Not sure of all the details though. 135% Financing.

Boat Loans | Michigan Credit Union Boat Loan Rates | MSGCU

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
just another thought here.

I would expect very people to actually qualify for those terms. When we bought (way back in '17) they had a similar deal running. 0% for like 60mo, then 5% for the remainder. We attempted to get that deal, and were turned down, being told "Our credit wasn't good enough". They wouldn't show us our reports in the dealership, and it wasn't until after we agreed to the 5.99% fixed rate, signed the papers and got our paperwork packet that we found what our scores were. I had a high 790-something, and wife had a low 810-ish number.

IMO, that should have been enough to qualify us for the "top tier" rates. Personal opinion is that it's a large bag of "bait and switch" to get people in the door. I'm sure it says "with approved credit" somewhere on the flyer, and I'm sure there has to be a cutoff, but honestly, how many people with that level credit score actually need the promo financed.

COUPLED with that experience, and now the Synchrony/Yamaha Financial changeover bull shittery from a few years ago, I won't EVER use them to finance again. I'll go find my own lending elsewhere.

Glad to see discounts and reasonable rates on boats again. However, I would hope anyone new that stumbles upon this thread knew what I know now going into business with Yamaha Financial.
We got this deal from Yamaha on our 2017 AR240. It was 12 months 0% then 4.99 I think for the remainder credit score was right around 800 I think they said we had to have 780 or higher from a specific bureau. we kept it with them for the 12 months and then moved to our credit union for 60 months at 2.9% back then. I know they are strict though the prior year in 2016 we applied for their promo and were denied and was told straight up by the dealer we missed it by one point so we waited and bought the next year.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
just another thought here.

I would expect very people to actually qualify for those terms. When we bought (way back in '17) they had a similar deal running. 0% for like 60mo, then 5% for the remainder. We attempted to get that deal, and were turned down, being told "Our credit wasn't good enough". They wouldn't show us our reports in the dealership, and it wasn't until after we agreed to the 5.99% fixed rate, signed the papers and got our paperwork packet that we found what our scores were. I had a high 790-something, and wife had a low 810-ish number.

IMO, that should have been enough to qualify us for the "top tier" rates. Personal opinion is that it's a large bag of "bait and switch" to get people in the door. I'm sure it says "with approved credit" somewhere on the flyer, and I'm sure there has to be a cutoff, but honestly, how many people with that level credit score actually need the promo financed.

COUPLED with that experience, and now the Synchrony/Yamaha Financial changeover bull shittery from a few years ago, I won't EVER use them to finance again. I'll go find my own lending elsewhere.

Glad to see discounts and reasonable rates on boats again. However, I would hope anyone new that stumbles upon this thread knew what I know now going into business with Yamaha Financial.
I was expecting that when I was searching for my 2020. The finance person called me up and said hey I'm pulling your credit as requested, hang tight. He said "Oh you qualify for anything you want". LOL! He said it kind of surprised, like not many people do. I got pretty lucky with my deal as I technically closed the day after the current incentives expired, and new ones had started. They said no worries I'll get the old deals as I signed prior to those expiring. I somehow ended up with both. So I got 180 days no payments, AND no interest accruing, the 2.9% for 15 years, with the 5 year YES warranty. So basically if I wanted to I could have sold my boat after the summer and not paid a dime for it. Assuming I could have gotten what I paid, which I got a decent deal there too. One trick was there was a finance cut off. Meaning I had to finance a certain amount....believe it was higher than $40k. I do think that wasn't fully accurate as I think I financed like 38k.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was expecting that when I was searching for my 2020. The finance person called me up and said hey I'm pulling your credit as requested, hang tight. He said "Oh you qualify for anything you want". LOL! He said it kind of surprised, like not many people do. I got pretty lucky with my deal as I technically closed the day after the current incentives expired, and new ones had started. They said no worries I'll get the old deals as I signed prior to those expiring. I somehow ended up with both. So I got 180 days no payments, AND no interest accruing, the 2.9% for 15 years, with the 5 year YES warranty. So basically if I wanted to I could have sold my boat after the summer and not paid a dime for it. Assuming I could have gotten what I paid, which I got a decent deal there too. One trick was there was a finance cut off. Meaning I had to finance a certain amount....believe it was higher than $40k. I do think that wasn't fully accurate as I think I financed like 38k.
Glad to hear it worked for you. I felt it very "bait and switch" when I went through it. I'm still somewhat sour over the experience as well.

Wondering if the financed amount effected us at any level. We only financed around $28k or so when we bought.

Beachcampin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Glad to hear it worked for you. I felt it very "bait and switch" when I went through it. I'm still somewhat sour over the experience as well.

Wondering if the financed amount effected us at any level. We only financed around $28k or so when we bought.
You may have gotten a different result if you were willing to walk over not getting the financing that you wanted. I've had this happen on both boats and the motor home we bought. When we politely said thanks, but we'll keep looking, suddenly they found a new way to get the financing done. All three times they were discretionary purchases, so it really wasn't hard to walk.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Not sure. The limit seemed a bit of a put on, to be honest. If it hadn't worked out I would have told my neighbor I'm keeping my paid off boat. :) Which he has since sold anywho. LOL! Figured boating wouldn't have stuck with them. Owning a boat is a lot of work. It looks great when when you're a guest and all things seem rosy. Not so much when you're paying to store it, maintain it, clean it, etc.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not so much when you're paying to store it, maintain it, clean it, etc.
Neighbors across the street were this way. We had them out a few times on ours. They asked what to buy for the next season because they wanted their own. I suggested an inexpensive smaller runabout. SO they bought an older Sea Ray 185. Had it for two seasons. Sold it and put in a pool. Realized the liked the water part of owning a boat and that was about it. The towing, storing, maintaining, etc wasn't for them. Guess they don't mind winterization and cleaning :D

On the other end, we did the same thing with our camper. Seemed like a great idea since our other neighbors loved theirs. We bought one, had it less than a year and sold it. Just wasn't for us. We're just not "camper people", we're "boat people".

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Neighbors across the street were this way. We had them out a few times on ours. They asked what to buy for the next season because they wanted their own. I suggested an inexpensive smaller runabout. SO they bought an older Sea Ray 185. Had it for two seasons. Sold it and put in a pool. Realized the liked the water part of owning a boat and that was about it. The towing, storing, maintaining, etc wasn't for them. Guess they don't mind winterization and cleaning :D

On the other end, we did the same thing with our camper. Seemed like a great idea since our other neighbors loved theirs. We bought one, had it less than a year and sold it. Just wasn't for us. We're just not "camper people", we're "boat people".
I LOVE the idea of a camper, but all the places I wanna go I'd wanna bring the boat. Which isn't really possible. I think I'd be the same way. I grew up doing a lot of camping, hiking, etc. Was an Eagle scout and all that. I'm not a huge fan of camping now a days. LOL! We're staying at a RV resort with a bunch of tiny homes this summer. We'll see how that goes. My wife is also NOT a camper of any sort. So I think a camper would be a waste for us. Nearly everyone I know that has bought one has sold it within a very short period of time.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@suke We went to the Camper and RV show and found some nice affordable campers or smaller RV's that we would consider someday maybe down the road, but we would like to do some boating and or have a smaller car with us to go sight seeing.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I LOVE the idea of a camper, but all the places I wanna go I'd wanna bring the boat. Which isn't really possible. I think I'd be the same way. I grew up doing a lot of camping, hiking, etc. Was an Eagle scout and all that. I'm not a huge fan of camping now a days. LOL! We're staying at a RV resort with a bunch of tiny homes this summer. We'll see how that goes. My wife is also NOT a camper of any sort. So I think a camper would be a waste for us. Nearly everyone I know that has bought one has sold it within a very short period of time.
I've had a couple thoughts here, as we were the same way. How to get the camper AND the boat to the same spot at the same time with one tow vehicle. We also wanted the ability to setup camp, then launch/retrieve the boat each day, as a lot of places we want to visit are just campsites, not full marinas with slips to rent.

The first was a giant slide in camper and tow the 190 with us. That's a MONSTER of a truck to drive when not camping/towing. The 190 is small enough that it would likely work, but most truck campers have a LOT of compromises, and none of them really spoke to us. Especially considering the amount of "gymnastics" it takes to get into/out of bed in those. We're getting into our late 40's and aren't as bendy as we used to be.

The second was a camper/boat hybrid trailer. Essentially a gooseneck chassis with a slide in camper on the front, and a detachable boat trailer on the back. The Jeep/Off-road guys do this for weekend trips, so I know it's possible. Just have to make some modifications to attach the boat trailer to the back and make it a single unit, instead of a flat bed. I've some preliminary engineering on this, as I think it could work, and possibly even be 1/2 ton towable. I've just never had the pockets to really invest in the idea. I'm also not sure if the market is big enough to support making any more than one of them.

Another thought was a roof top tent over the bed of a pickup, and a more "overland" style camping setup. This would get us somewhere off the ground to sleep, and we could rig up an A/C and Heat setup into the tent. It's definitely a more primitive setup, but it could work. The big change though, was a modular jack system to lift the tent off the bed and place it closer to the ground. This would overcome the shenanigans of having to climb up/down a ladder to get into bed. Again we're in our late 40's now, and we're not as bendy as we used to be. We also have to pee at night, and being on top of a car when that happens isn't a super great premise for us.

Anywho, long winded way of saying we get it, just haven't had the budget or figured out the right setup for it......yet...