• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha starts a trend...

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
then everyone else follows. Seems like all boat manufactures are getting into the rear swim deck/seating now, I like this Regal, especially because it's got an outboard, but I wonder if the fumes are a concern?

image.png

I guess you could use the O/B as a foot rest. :wideyed:

but I wonder if the fumes are a concern?

If I was back there or surfing when the engine was running I would worry more about the prop!

Outboards with a swim platform always look like such a kludge to me...

What model regal is that? Is that a 2016 model?

then everyone else follows. Seems like all boat manufactures are getting into the rear swim deck/seating now, I like this Regal, especially because it's got an outboard, but I wonder if the fumes are a concern?
In my humble opinion, that's one of the most accident-prone designs I have ever seen. It actually should be barred from production.
Thanks for sharing and have a great day. Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

I can't see it being a bad design. Don't boating laws say you're not allowed to be on the back of the boat when it's underway? The same could be said for Yamaha boats.
@Britboater - All that boat and only 3 loungers.lol

1) Not illegal in GA
2) You have a life-threatening prop immediately below the platform.

Last edited:
In my humble opinion, that's one of the most accident-prone designs I have ever seen. It actually should be barred from production.
Thanks for sharing and have a great day. Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

@MikeyL
I guess you could apply that logic to banning pickup trucks too!.....LOL

I like it! Jets aren't for everyone, and this is a great option too. The safety thing get overblown I think. My pontoon has seats basically right there too.

I don't mind it, I wouldn't surf behind it, but I doubt they are marketing this as a surfable option. Outboards have their place in the world if you can get past the looks of it. I would never sit back there while underway legal or not. I wouldn't do that behind a jet either. The truck analogy above is spot on. Not everybody does stupid things on boats that makes everything an accident waiting to happen.

I think my wife had a good point when we were talking about jet boats. She said while our boat is propless, we need to make sure that our kids know that other boats have props and that they need to stay away from them. She said it may be dangerous for them to grow up thinking that the rear of a boat is safe and not understanding that the majority (?) of boats are not. She had a good point and we talked about this with our kids even though it may seem "stupid". While my kids get it and didn't need this lesson, I think the younger kids on our propless boats could benefit by this discussion once in a while. A little scary to think about kids that only have experience around propless boats.

On the topic of the regal outboard, I like it. All runabouts have gone with a sundeck for the most part and I really think a good outboard (Yamaha Engine) hass a place outside of a boat that is used for wakesurfing.

but I wonder if the fumes are a concern?

Exhaust on an outboard motor comes out the hub of the prop in the larger outboards such as the one in the photo. Our SeaDoo has below water exhaust while idling, but it is well above the water while under way. So the exhaust is notable while tubing or surfing.

Where is the exhaust on the Yamaha JetBoats?

Like your Seadoo the exhaust on the Yamahas are in the water at idle and above and out of the water when at speeds faster then idle.

Back