• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Sunshade for AR240 Fitted to AR190

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got this cover from @swatski last month. Finally fitted it to my boat this weekend. Many thanks to him for the cover. His wife was even nice enough to get up early on a Sunday morning as I stopped through St Louis on a work trip. Haven't heard from him in awhile on here. Hope he's doing OK in NJ!

So, I got the cover home, and had to assemble it in the driveway the first time. I was afraid of the non-floating poles, and trying to figure out how to make it fit on the water. It's not completely intuitive to put together the first time, but once it is together it makes perfect sense.

First off.....it's superginormous. Like OMG huge. Here's some pictures.
BigCover1.jpg

BigCover2.jpg

it looks like it covers a good 2-3ft of the water behind the boat. I don't have the poles in place on this config. The poles didn't really reach the back of the boat here. Not sure if I'm supposed to have the bimini deployed or not. I can see where NOT having it deployed might make the setup easier. Kinda double coverage as well.

Here are a couple of pics of it spun around to cover the bow. It covers ALL of the bow, and is close to being too large. Will be nice if we're out all day though. Make the bow a comfy place to sit for more than a few minutes. Notice I used the support poles in the front here. These are pretty finicky to setup, but hold the cover nicely to keep it off my head, and I'm 6'2" tall. Also notice that the "side straps" have nothing to attach to in this orientation. They aren't long enough to reach the cleats or the tower. They reach the tower in the previous "backwards" pictures. I also took a pic from the rear of the boat to show the overhang width, this would be a problem if tightly rafted with other boats.

BigCover3.jpg

BigCover4.jpg

BigCover5.jpg

Overall, it's a really nice piece of equipment. I'm very curious to see how it works out once we're on the water. I can see it being a VERY large sail, and I'm unsure how stable it will be with a medium/strong breeze.

Thanks again to @swatski I owe you a beer or three sir. For this and a myriad of other reasons.

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Where can I find this magic for my boat? This looks great since it was HOT on the water this weekend.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Damsroy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@gallobg i have one that came with my boat that i’m not using. I will ne in touch.