• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Yamaha Sunshade SBT

Keep us posted! I have looked for a viable bimini extension in the AR for a long time, the Sunshade looks promising. The closest to it would be @MrMoose's contraption, very nice, but not quite big enough for us, and does not cover the bow, the factory AR bimini is really short.

Also, the factory bimini setup and "breakdown" in the new boats is pretty awkward as well, so the Sunshade is just another minor annoyance, come to think of it.

Someone just asked me about the price of a LS/E tower with the large bimini - for a potential swap. I have considered it strongly, but that is a VERY expensive proposition, the job was priced at over 10k total (!) when I looked last year (int he aftermath of my AR tower fiasco).
Parts alone come close to 9k... (kind of absurd, isn't it?)
View attachment 72604

--
Ya I really like these towers. At first I didn't. But a friend has one and it really keeps the whole boat cool during the hot summer days.

Back